Counts as for the Warsmith model - can i do this?

hi guys,

i was looking at the iron warriors warsmith model and came up with the following equipment-

bolt pistol, bolter/melta, twin lightning claws (servo arm and claw arm counts as), mark of tzeetch (counts as, is really a forcefield!).

I can actually give him all this wargear? no one has a problem with me using counts as (am still paying for the items...)

sorry if its a bit of a silly question but it looks a bit too good to be true!

Its legal in the current Codex. Not sure it will be legal when Chaos gets updated (this combo was legal for BA in our PDF codex and is not legal now).

Yes, but the Bolt Pistol doesn't add an extra attack as you already have the Lightning Claws.

I always wondered how a figure with twin claws works a Bolter... :)

Postumus

Iron Warriors Warsmiths have a Bolt Pistol built into said claw, it fires when you give loyalists the finger....

Yes, but the Bolt Pistol doesn't add an extra attack as you already have the Lightning Claws.

I always wondered how a figure with twin claws works a Bolter... :)

Postumus

Iron Warriors Warsmiths have a Bolt Pistol built into said claw, it fires when you give loyalists the finger....

actually, I did a model kind of like this... I shaved off the "thumb" claw on 2 lightning claws and stuck 2 bolt pistols on. The reason I put on 2 is because it would really be a pain in the rear to reload such a thing. "First Acolyte, come and reload me!!!"

Of course in game rules, it doesn't add in any added benefit to have 2 guns, just an aesthetic appeal.

I play my warsmith model as an unmarked lord with a daemon weapon and combi-melta. The added attacks and strength of course come from the bionic claw and servo arm. :P

Lightning claws make sense though, and if it's legal under the codex, go for it.

I always imagined a person with actual twin lightning claws would mount their ranged weapon on the back of their gauntlet or something.

For Iron Warriors it's easy to justify a weapon on a servo arm of some sort... Some of my squads have elaborate mounts for certain special weapons(such as the flamer borrowed from a techmarine servo harness, or hands free melta) so the models can be set up with BP+CCW in hand and a special weapon. ;)

Of course just as easily the CCW and/or bolt pistol could be servo arm mounted...

I always wondered how a figure with twin claws works a Bolter... :P

Postumus

I always liked to think the claws retracted back into the gauntlet when using the gun, or that they were just glove-mounted much like Abbadon's.

so i can give my lord all this wargear? sweet...:lol:

True, but having that BP allows for that shot before charging into combat, whereas shooting the combi-bolter would be shooting with a rapid fire weapon, and not allowing him to charge that turn. Handy little combo to have...

Archived