4+ Invulnerable Saves for All!

What is there to think about? That's just what mark of Tzeentch does to you, you get a extra Invulnerable save to the maximum of 2+ and models/units that don't have an IS get a 5+

If your opponent has many weapons that disallow you to use an armor save, then yeah it's good, but again I don't really get the question you are trying to ask us ...

There are huge problems with the above list which is why no one uses it.

a.) your terminators are to expensive to do termicide correctly, and they are to liable to falling back if used for hth combat.

b.) you have to use thousand sons as your troops.... not exactly the strongest choice.

Sure you could do it... and it would offer protection against plasma, lascannons, and battlecannons, but... you have to take sub par units to pull it off. Its an interesting idea, but not a very competitive one.

And the benefit of a 4+ save is less when cover saves are easy to come by.
This, why pay a truckload of points to get a 4+ save - if you use terrain (and who doesn't) and can get it for free?

As has been mentioned, this doesn't work. Besides the availability of cover, there is the fact that this kind of army is completely awful against any horde. Sure you get 4+ invuln against all those Deathwing players out there :huh: but when you're up against a huge swarm of orcs, gaunts, or even an infantry heavy Meq army, your units will just go down to failed 3+ and 2+ saves just as easily as much cheaper unmarked units.

The reason invuln saves are so useful on MC's and IC's is that those units tend to be specifically targeted by any low AP and save ignoring weapons the enemy army has, but giving those same saves to units that will take the majority of their wounds from stuff that allows their regular save is a much worse allocation of points.

I find it quite funny how 1 terminator lord, 5 chaos terminators and 18 thousand sons can fill up 1000pts, obviously it wouldn't work too well, but i would rather take few overarmed models and lose, than take any other type of formation. I know, it's tactically stupid, but thats just me :pinch:

Archived