My first few attempts at Space Marines

compgeek1602

Nice GS job on the cloak. Impressive for a newbie!

The painting is also a good first attempt, though you'd do really well to get in some practice and read LOTS of tutorials. Go down to a local GW or hobby store, as for painting tips from the staff, and then read stuff like crazy. There's a lot of good tutorials and recipes here on B&C, and plenty more on other fansites and the main GW article archive.

Trust me, reading and practice will put you in the fast lane for good looking models.

Thanks! I was pretty certain that cape was going to turn out badly, but somehow it managed to look semi-decent, in my incredibly useful opinion(sarcasm). So, you don't have any specific pointers, then? I'm already reading, trust me on that one! Sadly, The nearest GW is about three thousand miles away. Across the Pacific. In every direction. I hate this chain of God-forsaken islands. Anyway, I digress. The nearest store has some pretty good painters, so I guess I could ask them.

they are really good for first models.

you just need to master the skill of dry brushing.

-prime mini black

-dry brush whole mini in fortress gray

-then dry brush you color over that

the grey color will make you see all the detail and it will catch the main color better then the primer

that way you have natural shading in the recesses which will give some dept to your mini.

here is an example:

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/dirkspair/new%20nids/stuff3028.jpg

Archived