The New Daemon Prince

The New Daemon Prince  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm undecided. I've pretty much stopped playing chaos since Codex BA came out, and I am happy with the demon prince I have. But this model is pretty cool, so I might grab it anyway.

I'm quite happy with it. The only thing that has bothered me is the super long fingers but that was on the metal version as well.

From the pictures I've seen, I think the axe would be my first choice for weapon.

You know, having a multi part plastic kit means a lot of possibilities for converting and future bits. In addition now that there is an expensive model we can count on them staying a good choice if we get a new codex.

I have about 4 old ones in various forms. If i get one he will probably rarely see game time. it is a great sculpt though.

I've fancied adding a DP to my list for a while now but my dislike for assembling metal models has held me back. This kit corrects the problem nicely.

I prefer the look and legs of the metal model but the new plastic kit is very nice and has conversion potential.

Only thing I cannot settle on at the moment is whether to use the axe or the sword... :pinch:

I'll be buying a Daemon Prince to convert into a new Bloodthrister for my Daemons force. Some bits of the new Daemon kit which is pretty cool, but other than that my Iron Warriors are happy with the current metal Daemon Prince (one of my favrout models).

Then off course might pick up a few when I start other legion's of our great Chaos armies.

IP

I'll be buying a Daemon Prince to convert into a new Bloodthrister for my Daemons force.

That brings up a good question.

How much of an option do we have in converting the new DP into the various Greater Daemons?

I can see it working for the Bloodthirster easily. With some work you could get the Keeper and Lord of Change but a Great Unclean One might be difficult without going heavy on the GS.

I'll be buying a Daemon Prince to convert into a new Bloodthrister for my Daemons force.

That brings up a good question.

How much of an option do we have in converting the new DP into the various Greater Daemons?

I can see it working for the Bloodthirster easily. With some work you could get the Keeper and Lord of Change but a Great Unclean One might be difficult without going heavy on the GS.

you i think probably the easiest would be bloodthirster followed by the keeper then lord of change, i reckon using bits from the spawn kit would work wonders for the last two :P

I love the new model, I can't wait to get one. I'm so glad that they finally added wings to the kit. Perhaps from now on, GW will actually provide enough pieces in their kits to actually model all of the varients of gear?

On the one hand, I sort of don't like daemon princes, simply because everyone uses them so I think of them as being somewhat "powergamer-ish", even if that isn't really true.

On the other, it would make a pretty good display piece. Without wings, obviously.

Will be kitbashing one with the new loyalist venerable dread for my IWs... looking at the sprues there might even get enough parts for two princes at that(arms and head will be mainly the conversion). :)

Poll closed.

The results were:

Option | # of votes | percentage voted

No [ 12 ] [14.12%]

Undecided [ 18 ] [21.18%]

Yes [ 43 ] [50.59%]

I'll be picking up more than one [ 12 ] [14.12%]

Archived