My last SW painted squad.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/1408/dsc01428d.jpg

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/9603/dsc01422g.jpg

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/3808/dsc01424t.jpg

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2606/dsc01425e.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2513/dsc01426k.jpg

holy diver, those are nicely painted!

really great :)

only reason I don't do SW (as I'm norwegian :)) is the hair on the new models, and not too fond of the models in themselves either. Might buy a few still, and just have generic helmets on them. despoiling, I know ;)

Thanks a lot for the comments ¡¡

very nice! what is your grey recipe?

Fenris Grey, Shadow Grey and final highlight with SW Grey. All of them with Airbrush. Devlan Mud Wash, and retouch. Simple and fast.. :P

While the models are wonderfully modelled and painted, and look beautifully wolfy, I do have a crit...

Space Wolves or not, marines without helmets is just the dumbest thing around...I mean, seriously, with their helmets on these termies can withstand armour-piercing tank shells, waves of acid, firestorms from heavy flamers as well as hailstorms of shrapnel. Without their helmets all it takes is an autopistol shot or even a kitchen knife to kill them stone dead.

Space Wolves or not, marines without helmets is just the dumbest thing around...I mean, seriously, with their helmets on these termies can withstand armour-piercing tank shells, waves of acid, firestorms from heavy flamers as well as hailstorms of shrapnel. Without their helmets all it takes is an autopistol shot or even a kitchen knife to kill them stone dead.

In fact the real power of the canix helix is to bend reality around the head of the marines and permit them to avoid such unmanly ways of dying!

or may be they have a personal head Force Field. :P

and for the Model, they look aces :) ! exept for the mohawk one for I don't like mohawk marines :P

do you use an airbrush? the lighting effects on the armour looks great

the skin tones and hair colour really fit into the palette amazingly crongrats :)

Yes, as I said before, I used an airbrush to avoid all that armour surfaces I hate to paint..

I know, but Space Wolves look better without them. To me that`s the reason to go for them. With their helmets and talking about the background, they could withstand an entire human army. In the game they do not.. ;)

really love your unit..a simple questio..I´ve tried the airbrush but the results have been really...bad.

How do you use it?, Prime in one color and after it do you apply zenithal highlights with the airbrush?, each one with lees paint, or more dilluted paint?

Thanks for the help...

While the models are wonderfully modelled and painted, and look beautifully wolfy, I do have a crit...

Yes but they also cannot spit acid with their helmets on, they cannot see as well either, the helmets do cut down on vision, and sense of smell. And battle is more honorable looking the enemy in the eye. This is not modern warfare. This is warfare where every thing you do is passed down over 10,000 years and based in religion. Its dumb not learning how to mass produce terminator armor in general, but why is it not done? Because they do not "speak a command word to power up the reactor" or "oil a stiff joint." They "speak the runes of commanding" and "apply the sacred oils." Pretty much everything in the 40k universe, especially in the Imperium, is done without a valid reason.

Plus a "space viking" looks so much cooler without his helmet.

That being said, when I build my squads, the bloodclaws being more reckless have less helmets on. The hunters being smarter about things, have all their helmets on. The wolf guard and characters do not have their helmets on because first off it distinguishes them from the squads, and also because it makes for a more interesting model.

There is a reason 99.9% model their characters with bare heads. Most of the time your model is sitting on a shelf looking cool.

What is your snow recipe mate? guessing its baking soda but my test ones don't come close to that lovely consistency.

Paint Space Wolves Grey the snow zone. Apply wood glue and Games Workshop Snow ( I have tried many more, but I prefer this one). Let it dry. Repeat glue + snow . Let it dry. Apply some gloss varnish in some spots if you want ice reflexes, and that´s it...very simple in fact.

Where did you get the head for the chainfist guy?

As it has been answered, its a Forge World SW head, from the SW conversion kit. FW always does fine jobs.. :P

really love your unit..a simple questio..I´ve tried the airbrush but the results have been really...bad.

How do you use it?, Prime in one color and after it do you apply zenithal highlights with the airbrush?, each one with lees paint, or more dilluted paint?

Thanks for the help...

Prime black. Apply a firs airbrush coat with Fenris Grey, painting all the mini. Apply a second airbrush layer with zenital highlight with Shadow Grey, letting a bit of Fenris Grey show if possible. Apply a third and last airbrush layer with Space Wolves Grey this time only in the "highlight" zones, aiming your airbrush with a 45º angle over the mini.

I could explain it to you in spanish too, just send me a pm..here or in Marcus Belli... :)

Archived