Power fist / Power weapon

So i have champions with power fists. At my local gaming group, sometimes i tel lmy group , they are jsut a power weapon , and not a power fist. Instead of having to make all new champions for all my squads if i run somethign different.

Now, if i were to use this at a tournament, do you think it would go fine? Or if they see a power fist, it HAS to be a power fist.

Im going off the idea that someone with a sword, or axe etc can turn it into a power weapon by stating it to ppl. So why couldnt i jsut say the fist is really a power gauntlet and not a power fist.

Anyhow, anyone tried this before, or seen it at tournaments?

My gut tells me that tournements wont really allow it, and it would fall to each individual person fought at the games.

Yeah this would not fly in tournies, armies must be WYSIWYG which means that something that is obviously a power fist should be fielded as a power fist. Good news is that there is almost no reason not to take fists as they are the best all round upgrade a Chaos Champion can have.

Thing is though, i am trying to lessen the costs of em. for the price of that i can add in other things. im trying to do a meltagun and a flamer as weapons, a champ. a ten man squad. with a power weapon for the champ and meltabomb, along with a power weapon. so it lowers the cost and brings in extra weapons fairly cheap. if i dontrun the power sword its at 195 i think. but its stil la work in progress. they always are in rhinos. so the melta gun should be ale to drive by shoot things. and with a 12 inch range, it should scare vehicles away pretty well. and then with a flamer i can assault also. meltabombs and krak grenades for when i get locked up if someone does get me i nhand to hand with a vehicle. but since most of my units are supported by another unit, which is either oblits or a demon prince to help counter cahrge if needed, i thought it would be cheaper than using power fists. that, and if i run slaanesh banner, then it seems a waste to ahve a pf. and lose out on the bonus to the init with the power weapons.

how does a melta bomb and power weapon lower the cost of a unit considering that it is inferior to just taking a fist ? besides it is impossible to not fit fists on champions in a chaos army , unless your doing something wrong with the rest of the list.

and with a 12 inch range, it should scare vehicles away pretty well.

no. a single melta gun wont. when taking the chance of miss and the probabilty of not being within 6' the chance that a single melta gun wont do its job is too big.

that, and if i run slaanesh banner, then it seems a waste to ahve a pf. and lose out on the bonus to the init with the power weapons.

only csm units dont have enough power weapon attacks to realy gain something from the IoS.

Archived