Killing Orgryns with Nurgle Marines

Dr Duck

Last night I got handed a reasonable beating at the hands of some imperial guard.

One of the biggest issues i faced was a quad of 7 Ogryns with a bonehead. The dam things managed to absorb everything my Obliterator, 10 CSM's, my rhino and (in the first 2 turns of the game) the full force of my preadator could throw at them.

With high WS, 3 wounds and toughness 5 i'm struggling to find a weapon that is the 'paper' to their 'rock'

Last night I got handed a reasonable beating at the hands of some imperial guard.

One of the biggest issues i faced was a quad of 7 Ogryns with a bonehead. The dam things managed to absorb everything my Obliterator, 10 CSM's, my rhino and (in the first 2 turns of the game) the full force of my preadator could throw at them.

With high WS, 3 wounds and toughness 5 i'm struggling to find a weapon that is the 'paper' to their 'rock'

Not the best way but I have beaten a squad of 5 with a 5 man 1kson squad... just by out lasting them... and popping off one or two a game turn with a force weapon :X but Vindicators seem good <_<

Flamers/Heavy Flamers followed up by massed small arms fire seems like it would work fairly well. In the end, I think the 5+ save just leaves them too exposed to shooting or even basic attacks.

Pie Plates... use the defiler battle cannon or vindicators. Melta's, Plasma, Autocannon, lascannons, heck, even massed heavy bolters & other small arms forcing saves will do the trick. Failing that, and they get into assault range, throw berzerkers & Khârn at them

Flamers/Heavy Flamers followed up by massed small arms fire seems like it would work fairly well. In the end, I think the 5+ save just leaves them too exposed to shooting or even basic attacks.

Not to mention that, since they have at best Ld 7 without an attached IC and abysmal initiative, winning combat by even one wound is enough to stand a very good chance of breaking them, and you're quite likely to pull off a sweeping advance.

Archived