vezok the annihilator

Dude I think you should go to the Tempus Fugitives website and read the fandex Soulforge... about the Dark Mechanicus... maybe a modified Prince of Obliteration would be a good start... from what I seem to remember they are supposed to be traitor techmarines who either on their own or with the soulforge created the obliterator virus (I don't really know details, I just like the story :)) and they are basically daemon princes like Obliterators... so they've absorved like whole tanks...

First of all I like that at idea..., secondly you can be from any legion to do this... the soulforge works for whoever will pay them and I wouldn't be surprised if people associated with them went on little trips for their own reasons... and it would seem to be a far less complicated story. Then you could add a couple of tweaks to the prince of obly rules to ake it your own... Just an idea :P

Oh and characters with weaknesses are cool... it is what gives them character... and what will make people agree to their use... otherwise if you play this guy I'll Just bring Bob the Slaughterer.

Bob: Stats: XXXXXXXXXXX

Wargear:?????

Special rules????,?????, Kills everything!

Kills everything: In any game in which you use bob you may remove all the enemies models from play (even those in reserve) and they count as destroyed for KP and VP reasons.

Dude I think you should go to the Tempus Fugitives website and read the fandex Soulforge... about the Dark Mechanicus... maybe a modified Prince of Obliteration would be a good start... from what I seem to remember they are supposed to be traitor techmarines who either on their own or with the soulforge created the obliterator virus (I don't really know details, I just like the story :D) and they are basically daemon princes like Obliterators... so they've absorved like whole tanks...

First of all I like that at idea..., secondly you can be from any legion to do this... the soulforge works for whoever will pay them and I wouldn't be surprised if people associated with them went on little trips for their own reasons... and it would seem to be a far less complicated story. Then you could add a couple of tweaks to the prince of obly rules to ake it your own... Just an idea :P

Oh and characters with weaknesses are cool... it is what gives them character... and what will make people agree to their use... otherwise if you play this guy I'll Just bring Bob the Slaughterer.

Bob: Stats: XXXXXXXXXXX

Wargear:?????

Special rules????,?????, Kills everything!

Kills everything: In any game in which you use bob you may remove all the enemies models from play (even those in reserve) and they count as destroyed for KP and VP reasons.

I would agree to you using Bob the slaughterer if you allow me to play my character:

Bobbysiege the scourge of life

Stats: ?????

Wargear: his face

Special rules: Face breaker

Face breaker: Bobbysiege uses his face to destroy the planet he is on.

Before the game begins, the moment the points are payed for Bobbysiege, the game is over in favor of whoever bought him.

In all seriousness though, I believe Vezok could be a good character as long as he is given a few more flaws that make sense with his back story. A little possible character development and an overall goal for the character would be nice. For example, Abaddon has the Imperium to destroy, Ahriman has to understand Tzeentch etc etc. I still am in love with the idea of a conflicted techmarine who is blessed with latent psychic powers and cursed with an undying love/skill in technology. As a result he becomes a techmarine but can't hide who he is as a psyker.

ok ill try a change, but i dont know if i like it..

Vezok is a former dark angel techmarine that turned just after the horus heresy and joined the thousand sons just after he turned and trained in the legion for a mellenium. he was latter exiled for he was not obaying the legion, and whent looking for more knowlage and power, and this took him to serve along side all of the main 9 legions(thousand sons,death gaurd,iron warriors,ect). when serving along side of these legions, gained skills, strength and knowlage, but also from each of these legions, an exulted warrior decided to join him in his quest for Knowlage, power and technology, and vezok now has an honar gaurd of chaos lords from each of the legions. vezok is currrently serving along side the iron warriors and there for is currently wearing there colours. vezok serves outside the legions, but sometime does fight in the major battles with legion.

here is his stat line:

HQ: Vezok the Annihilator points: 700

WS BS S T W I A LD SV

7 5 6 6 4 5 4 10 2+

Wargear:

Blessed armour of tzeentch, daemaonkin graves, frag & krac grenades, gauntlet of heresy, staff of horak, mark of the chaos gods, supernova plasma pistol, personal icon, bionics.

Psychic powers:

Warptime, gift of chaos.

Special rules:

Fearless, feel no pain, independent character, 3+ invulnerable save, eternal warrior, 3+ save against psychic powers, tank hunters.

Daemaonkin graves

These special graves have the energy of a warp daemon and they have been forged from the metal of a fallen greater daemon's armour, the daemon with them lurks for the blood of the emeny, and propels vezok towards them. the Daemonkin graves grant vezok the special rule fleet

Blessed armour of tzeentch

Vezok’s armour is a very strong, almost impenetrable armour that has been blessed by tzeentch that gives him gives him an armour save of 2+.

Gauntlet of Heresy

Vezok uses a power fist called the gauntlet of heresy, as the name suggests it has been around since the heresy and was once used by a great master of the lunar wolfs and rolls 2d6 for armour penatration and adds +1 to the vehicle damage table. the gauntlet of heresy is still a power fist and still makes him I1 when useing it

Staff of horak

Vezok is a psyker and therefore must have a force weapon to cast his psychic powers, he bears the staff of horak, which was formely the staff of a greynight inqustor, which he saw great psychic power in and now uses it as his own staff. the staff of harak has been tainted by chaos but still bears the abilty of almost complete psychic imunity and there for gives vezok a 3+ invunsave against psychic powers. the staff also makes vezok imune to perils of the warp.

Supernova Plasma Pistol

Vezok was formally an elite Dark angle tech marine before his betrayal to chaos so he has great skills that allow him to modify his weapons, which he did to his plasma pistol; it now glows red like the burning heat of a supernova (which is why he calls it the supernova plasma pistol) it new stats are range24"/12" s7 ap2 asult2 gets hot/heavy1 blast gets hot.

Bionics

Vezok has many technological and daemonic enhacements which further enhance his stength and resiliance to mortal weapons. Vezok's bionics give him his toughness and strenght of 6.

Mark of the Chaos Gods

because vezok has served along side many legions he worships all of the chaos gods as far as possible. vezok counts as having all of the marks of chaos which are included in his profile.

Optional upgrades:

Dreadnaught: 500points(ill talk about that later)

Servo harness: 120points

If takes both options he may also choose to take 1 more wound for 50points.

also he may take another psychic power called warp lance with the folowing profile:

range36" s9 ap2 asult1, lance, melta for 200points

actualy i think im happy with these changes. :)

and as for a couple of your questions, he is based of huron blackheart, with a lot of converting. i have almost finished moddeling him and i hopefully will have him painted for golden demon. i hope this gives you an example of his size.

thank you for your comments.

Much better!

The only question i have is in regards to the weapon,

range24"/12" s7 ap2 asult2 gets hot/heavy1 blast gets hot.

Is it:

Range 24" strength 7 ap2 assault 2 gets hot, and;

Range 12" strenght 7 Heavy 1 blast gets hot?

I might be being stupid but its just a little confusing in how you've written it down

You did change the fluff , and it is better, but if you didn't notice from all the post: Your stats and wargear are too overpowered.

Overpowered means: Too strong.

People don't like it. You are just creating the ultimate character, stronger then any GW existing character. It gives you a bad reputation.

You need to scale down a bit on it, people enjoy the game itself, not the winning part (well, most of us). As you may have noticed, most people who replied here, won't even accept a game with this character in it.

Honestly for the cost he is pretty bad. Scabiathrax is of a similar cost (777 points) and ol' Scabby has 10(!) wounds, T9, Feel no Pain, 4+ invulnerable, and each unsaved wound causes two wounds. This guy's gun isn't much better than the old Kai Gun and in CC Scabby would wipe the floor with him. In fact, he isn't even much better than Mephiston and Mephy is much cheaper.

Much better!

The only question i have is in regards to the weapon,

range24"/12" s7 ap2 asult2 gets hot/heavy1 blast gets hot.

Is it:

Range 24" strength 7 ap2 assault 2 gets hot, and;

Range 12" strenght 7 Heavy 1 blast gets hot?

I might be being stupid but its just a little confusing in how you've written it down

yes that is perfectly correct

You did change the fluff , and it is better, but if you didn't notice from all the post: Your stats and wargear are too overpowered.

Overpowered means: Too strong.

People don't like it. You are just creating the ultimate character, stronger then any GW existing character. It gives you a bad reputation.

You need to scale down a bit on it, people enjoy the game itself, not the winning part (well, most of us). As you may have noticed, most people who replied here, won't even accept a game with this character in it.

Indeed; as I said upthread, homebrew characters should not exceed the level of established special characters in their own codices, and should really stay below the level of the top-tier characters. Nobody is going to like a homebrewed character who is easily capable of crushing Abaddon with his little finger; it is just silly. Also, while the background is a bit clearer now, the character himself still seems like a massive God Mode Sue. There's no real justification for the fact that he is so ridiculously over-the-top compared to every existing Chaos Space Marine beyond the fact that he's Just That Special.

Also, I have to echo some of the previous posters in wondering if this character is actually serious, or if the OP is just trolling. There comes a point when the ridiculousness is so high that it defies belief.

I think it would be better if you had something similar to the Whirlwind in regards to the gun; two sets of stats, and you can choose which one you fire, but before rolling to hit etc.

Indeed; as I said upthread, homebrew characters should not exceed the level of established special characters in their own codices, and should really stay below the level of the top-tier characters. Nobody is going to like a homebrewed character who is easily capable of crushing Abaddon with his little finger; it is just silly. Also, while the background is a bit clearer now, the character himself still seems like a massive God Mode Sue. There's no real justification for the fact that he is so ridiculously over-the-top compared to every existing Chaos Space Marine beyond the fact that he's Just That Special.

Also, I have to echo some of the previous posters in wondering if this character is actually serious, or if the OP is just trolling. There comes a point when the ridiculousness is so high that it defies belief.

But he's...bad. I mean that's the real rub, if you think about it, this guy is a complete waste of points. His abilities, while good on their own, clash with each other. He has both fleet and a powerful ranged weapon, so if he uses one he can't use the other. He has a good ranged weapon, but also a bunch of CC rules, he has tank hunter, but his weapon is only S7 and although it helps in CC, a far far cheaper daemon prince will be fairly similar in effectiveness. He has a save against psychic powers, but who uses offensive psychic powers to kill characters like this anyway? With his 4 attacks he would probably just get eaten by assault termies or get shot with plasma or whatever else.

Abaddon's 4+D6 S8 attacks give him a much better chance of wiping out whatever might kill him, and Abe is about half the cost. Sure it doesn't make sense that this guy could even compare to Abe, and Abe is slower, but I would say that given the normal counters to such characters Abe is actually better before points costs are even looked at. The issue with this character is that it looks like rules were just thrown in to see what stuck, he has no focus, just a bunch of special rules meant for totally disparate units making him expensive but bad.

I think the guy is a bit too young to understand, not on an insulting level. Weren't we all like that when we were young?

[]Hey I'll kill you with this imaginary knife. - Yeah, well I have a imaginary lightsaber, HA! - Oh? then I have a mega bazooka that explodes with a nuke-bom. - Then I'll kill you with this branch, when i poke the planet, it explodes! []

Come on, we all had that, I know I did. Maybe he just needs to play a few more games and understand that winning isn't the most important thing. Just give him some time and he'll probably make a new character but with more reasonable stats.

Did I ever say the word stupid? :)

This is about age, and that some things are hard to understand as a youngster :)

I think you made my point clear yourself in your reply

All I'm trying to do is let other people see it, so they don't give off on the stats you listed, I'm on your side on this one

But he's...bad. I mean that's the real rub, if you think about it, this guy is a complete waste of points. His abilities, while good on their own, clash with each other. He has both fleet and a powerful ranged weapon, so if he uses one he can't use the other. He has a good ranged weapon, but also a bunch of CC rules, he has tank hunter, but his weapon is only S7 and although it helps in CC, a far far cheaper daemon prince will be fairly similar in effectiveness. He has a save against psychic powers, but who uses offensive psychic powers to kill characters like this anyway? With his 4 attacks he would probably just get eaten by assault termies or get shot with plasma or whatever else.

Abaddon's 4+D6 S8 attacks give him a much better chance of wiping out whatever might kill him, and Abe is about half the cost. Sure it doesn't make sense that this guy could even compare to Abe, and Abe is slower, but I would say that given the normal counters to such characters Abe is actually better before points costs are even looked at. The issue with this character is that it looks like rules were just thrown in to see what stuck, he has no focus, just a bunch of special rules meant for totally disparate units making him expensive but bad.

I agree; the character does suffer from the fact that he is essentially a massive collection of attempts to make the character as special and overpowered as possible, which ends up resulting in a character that just does not work. As you already alluded to, the character can have two different powerful ranged attacks (Pistol and Psychic Power) as well as fleet, but has to pick between one of the three every turn. Not to mention absurdities like a heavy weapon with a 12" range.

For all the insanely overpowered abilities and stats, the character simply is not really all that good. Not only are the rules problematic, as a character he's also really bland; the wargear and rule overdose deprives the character of any real flavor beyond the poster's efforts to make him as ridiculously overpowered as possible. Really, the character just tries too hard to be too good at everything, and ends up being flavorless and annoying. No real strengths, no real weaknesses, just bland, generic overpoweredness. When it comes to special characters, less is more, and weaknesses are just as important as strengths (Whenever I create a character, I'm not satisfied unless the list of weaknesses is as long as the list of strengths).

ok im not intirly sure why you think he is bad, but i think its because of his points value, which isnt very good, so could you pleese surgest the lowest amount of points you would let me field him with.

BUT this guy does not stand alone in battles, he has his honar gaurd, and his landraider!!

firstly, the landraider:

bs5 f14 s14 r14 points: 300

transort cap: 11

weapons and armourments:

hull mounted twin/L heavy bolter, 2x sponsoon mounted lascannon, 2x sponsoon mounted flamestorm cannon, extra armour, multi-targeting system.

multi-targeting system: may fire all of its weapons at differnt targets.

think that might help when vezok rocks up in this with his full 9man honar gaurd in it?

ill tell you the rest about the honar gaurd later

With an honor guard and an uber-land-raider? Now we are just reaching... You must be around 1500 points for just this guy and his entourage?!

BTW, if you're so upset about the "new" and "young" questions... how old are you and how many games have you played?

So, he's got a super-powerful Land Raider as well. Of course he does.

Ridiculousness aside, the Super-LR is pretty awful rules-wise; if moves at all most/all of it's very expensive weapons go to waste, and staying still to use those weapons means that it is not exactly doing its job as a transport. That's not to mention that the flamestorm cannons really do not mesh well with the other weapons, especially when one takes into account that actually using the Flamestorm cannons really does not work too well on a vehicle without PotMS or the Fast rule. Getting good placement on a template weapon is pretty tricky when you're limited to 6" of movement. Also, since the super-LR has four sponson weapons, that should mean it has no side doors, which will further limit its usefulness as a transport.

Myxx: Considering the fact that vezok himself runs from 700-1020 points, I suspect that the character + Super-LR + Honor Guard is actually going to end up costing a healthy bit over 1500 points. I suspect the final price tag might end up breaking the 2000 mark if everything is fully upgraded. After all, the honor guard is usually the most expensive part of a hero-hammer unit.

With an honor guard and an uber-land-raider? Now we are just reaching... You must be around 1500 points for just this guy and his entourage?!

BTW, if you're so upset about the "new" and "young" questions... how old are you and how many games have you played?

i am 13 years old and i have been collecting for two years. i have played over 200 games for sure, and most of them would hvae been more than 1200 points. is there any problem with that, i dont think so! and i know some of you would have been collecting and playing for more than 10 years, but it doesnt mean that you would absolutly crush me.

and also vezoks LR isnt that uber, its just a slightly pimped up redeemer. vezok with all of his options and his honar gaurd, and LR, is around 3000 points, but it is very capable of taking down titans. ;)

EDIT:oops

ok im not intirly sure why you think he is bad, but i think its because of his points value, which isnt very good, so could you pleese surgest the lowest amount of points you would let me field him with.

BUT this guy does not stand alone in battles, he has his honar gaurd, and his landraider!!

firstly, the landraider:

bs5 f14 s14 r14 points: 300

transort cap: 11

weapons and armourments:

hull mounted twin/L heavy bolter, 2x sponsoon mounted lascannon, 2x sponsoon mounted flamestorm cannon, extra armour, multi-targeting system.

multi-targeting system: may fire all of its weapons at differnt targets.

think that might help when vezok rocks up in this with his full 9man honar gaurd in it?

ill tell you the rest about the honar gaurd later

300 points for that, you're having a laugh! a regular Blood Angel Land Raiider is 240 points, then you've got to factor in the extra ballistic skill, extra armour, as well as the flame storm cannons. (i've used the BA one opposed to the Chaos one because of the multi-targettng system - basically in my opinion its a Machine Spirit)

I think, and I'm not really being rude here, you're a bit on the young side to be creating your own characters. Tell me, do you play for fun or play to win? because it definately looks at the later because of the stats you've given him + the LR...and thats before you even get the honour guard.

Archived