Question on shooting and assaulting after transport

jbdevega

I was playing a game the other day when a question of rule interpretation came up.

What happened was i had 5 scouts in a storm that got out of the storm(open topped) shot at his marines and then assaulted them. This is all ways how i use open topped vehicles because one rule states they can get out of a transport and shoot, while a completely different rule states that you can assault out of an open topped vehicle. how ever he made the argument that because there two different rules only one will apply and not both.

So the question is if its legal to leave a open topped transport, shoot, and assault.

Sure, there's absolutely no reason they can't shoot then assault out of an open-topped transport (assuming the Storm didn't move Flat out of course... and the Scouts aren't trying to shoot sniper rifles :D ).

Just because they're under two different sections of the vehicles section does NOT mean they contradict each other as it does not explicitly state assaulting disallows you from shooting, though Drop Pods disallow assaulting after disembarking even though they are open-topped.

Yes, its quite legal.

You cant arbitrarily decide that a rule doesnt function because another one is being used. The rules will tell you when its and if/or situation.

Example: You can run OR shoot. IE IF you run you cannot shoot.

On the other hand- you have furious charge and litanies of blood- and you assault- you dont have to choose to use one or the other, you just get both.

Archived