Caestus Assault Ram

Jakobus

So I was looking over the Caestus Assault Ram and I got to the Teleport Homer and the last line puzzled me slightly.

"so long as the Caestus has not moved Flat Out this turn."

Now am I wrong, but doesn't Deepstrike occur before movement, so when you Deepstrike you haven't moved flat out that turn. Now RAW I can see someone argueing that it says nothing about going Flat out after you've used it since it says has not not does not

Seems a reasonable interpretation GM, so does the cannot be used the turn after you moved flat out which kinda makes more sense [?]. Either way well spotted Jakobus. Looks like a definite for the Grey Area topic.

So I was looking over the Caestus Assault Ram and I got to the Teleport Homer and the last line puzzled me slightly.

"so long as the Caestus has not moved Flat Out this turn."

Now am I wrong, but doesn't Deepstrike occur before movement, so when you Deepstrike you haven't moved flat out that turn. Now RAW I can see someone argueing that it says nothing about going Flat out after you've used it since it says has not not does not

If you look at the rules for moving flat out in the 40k rulebook, it says that you have to declare if it's going to move flat out at the start of the movement phase (c/ref fast transports), and it's treated as moving flat out from the start of that phase.

presumably this is what the rule refers to

If you look at the rules for moving flat out in the 40k rulebook, it says that you have to declare if it's going to move flat out at the start of the movement phase (c/ref fast transports), and it's treated as moving flat out from the start of that phase.

presumably this is what the rule refers to

I just looked over the Fast Vehicles rules and could see any reference to having to declare Flat out at the start of the turn, only that you can't disembark passengers and then go flat out. Of course I could be missing a sidebar somewhere.

What I was looking at was the first line of the Rolling for Reserves "At the start of each of his Movement phases except the first, before moving any unit.."

Archived