Feel No Pain

ShinyRhino

I was reading the rule for Feel No Pain, and wondered how AP3 wounds work.

The rule states that FNP is cancelled by wounds that are AP1/2, wuonds that couse Instant Death, and those that never allow an armor save (like power weapons).

What about an AP3 wound, say from a Bane Wolf's chem cannon? Against a normal Marine, that would allow no armor save because it's AP3, but can you still take a FNP roll on it? Was there ever an armor save to fail, or does the AP3 amount to an auto-fail, and the FNP kicks in?

I think by 'a wound against which no armour save can ever be taken' (or whatever the wording is) it doesn't mean by that particular model, but more widely.

The wording is a little ambiguous, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

If it was how you suspect, the ability would be next to useless for units with poor armour (I'm thinking things like Painboyz, or IG medic guys).

FNP would be useless to plague bearers (Who have no armor save) if it did not work if you had no armor save.

AP3 allows FNP (assuming its not instant death as well, no FNP to a krak grenade for a marine, but FNP against inferno bolts is fine)

Indeed- its AP 1, AP 2, or against wich no armor saves may be taken... such as "breath of chaos" from the C:Daemons book.

There are for example Plaguebearers who dont even have an armor save but DO have FNP.

So, AP 3 wounds can be saved by FNP as long as they are not double toughness- such as those from reaper launchers, or the newer version of hot-shot lasguns.

I was reading the rule for Feel No Pain, and wondered how AP3 wounds work.

The rule states that FNP is cancelled by wounds that are AP1/2, wuonds that couse Instant Death, and those that never allow an armor save (like power weapons).

The key phrase is 'for which no armor saves can ever be taken.' Which is immediately followed by a set of examples that all follow the power weaponesque phrasing of, 'no armor save can ever be taken.' If AP denying the save was all it took, then there would be absolutely no reason to specifically mention AP 1 or 2, and FNP wouldn't be a measure of how tough, crazy, or drug addled you were, it'd be a direct measure of how thick your armor is. T4 scouts with FNP would lose it vs a heavy bolter but equally T4 terminators would FNP all day long against it.

So could an model with FNP still have the ability to roll after an failed armour save when overrunned?

Also can they roll for FNP when "get's hot" goes off?

So overrunned would be the extra wounds for Fearless or a caught ATSKNF unit? Yes since these wounds don't fall into the AP1/2 ignore armour

And you can most definitly FNP Plasma "Gets Hot"

Archived