dread-off

That Kan got owned!!!

He looks kick-ass although I am sorry to admit that mine will be very similar to yours ;) , although mine shall have a rock rather than a Kan and a decapitated Thousand Son in his DCCW :cuss .

well i got there first so you are officially copying (thats the rule :cuss ).

seriously though, this was a joy to convert, and was not a conversion that took much time... to the point the missus was watching americas biggest loser and the dreadnaught was done before the wiegh-in, the legs were a bit fiddley, but that scos my very own warhound ran off with the right shin (damn puppy pinching bits)

Here's mine, this was the first major conversion I did...hope ya'll like him

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/cunvikted/dread/IMG_0007.jpg

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/cunvikted/dread/IMG_0008.jpg

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/cunvikted/dread/IMG_0010.jpg

And I can tear him apart for gameplay!!!

My WIP Moriar the chosen...This is really close to being complete now. Finished version up ASAP!

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/IronKobra84/WIPMoriar44-1.jpg

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/IronKobra84/WIPMoriar46-1.jpg

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/IronKobra84/WIPMoriar45-1.jpg

If you look at your very own post at the start of this thread then I think you'll find Pig of Sparta got there before even you <_<

ahaaa no (clutches at straws) Pig of Sparta's is standing on a ball - of blue-tac (maybe he's painting it in a spain strip) lol

hey guys; sorting out my model cupboard (glad i did now)

and found a boxed dreadnought!

that's a win in my book

might go for twin autocannon and missle launcher, gives opportunity for a little bit of conversion work,

what you guys think?

hey guys; sorting out my model cupboard (glad i did now)

and found a boxed dreadnought!

that's a win in my book

might go for twin autocannon and missle launcher, gives opportunity for a little bit of conversion work,

what you guys think?

Congratulations on the find! I'd suggest a rifleman dread with 2 twin auto cannons. They just look so damn cool.

heres my Dread sorry no immediate pics but here's the link to the B&C hall of honor where i posted him @.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=205642

Grey Knights Dread Adonis Smiting deamons in his shiny relic. he even has a bell attached to his multi-melta to make noise while having a blast.

I realy like the banner, is it free hand? (if so your good!)

thx for the compliment...It was my first time doing anything like that (I'm still kinda new to all this) I look at it now and think I could probably do better, but I want to leave it as is...

does Art work count?

if so:

gallery_31849_4097_395350.jpg

(i dont have a scanner)

but if it does not, here is my WIP chaos dread:

gallery_31849_4097_226120.jpg

the stuff tacked on has since been glued.

Background:

Fallen Ultramarine champion Argamis the Ironclad was wounded in a fierce battle against forces of the Craftworld Ulthwé'.

his followers entombed him in hopes that he would continue to guide them on their quest of vengeance on the Imperium, instead Argamis became enraged and frequently turns on his brothers for denying him a glorious death.

Right here are the pics I promised earlier.

First up are the legs, they still needing Green Stuffed and wiring done to them but I'm pleased with how they look so far. Before anyone says the foot on the rock hasn't had it's toes bent for 2 reasons, 1-Thick snow will cover the base and fill the gaps, 2-Iron Clad feet are way more complicated than normal feet.

gallery_49580_4975_814519.jpg

Here is the still very WiP torso, I need to fill in the gaps in the right side of it and add details to it (such as arms :D )

gallery_49580_4975_666407.jpg

I also added new exhausts made from the Lascannon arm (shooting is for wimps, if I want to wreck a tank I'll run up and beat it to death with it's own driver!)

gallery_49580_4975_1390422.jpg

Finally, because it's a Venerable Dreadnought I am going to add som sort of banner/totem between it's 'shoulders', but I cant decide between a banner with some freehand or a more subtle totem, which do you think is better?

gallery_49580_4975_501663.jpg

gallery_49580_4975_1415574.jpg

I really think tha banner is more iconic but may cause problems for transportation, unlike the totem thingy

Thoughts and opinions welcome,

Fowlie

Two problems with the magnetising at the moment:

1-I have no money to spend as I'm saving for a new computer,

2-I've never magnatised before and would rather not try it on something so small

I decided to go for the totem anyway as the banner just seems to shout "OVER HERE! SHOOT ME!" and a Dreadnought is already large and imposing enough.

PS CAn you suggest a place for getting magnets suitable for a terminator's arms at a relatively cheap price? Preferably UK based.

It's actually not that hard, you just need a drill of the approximate size of the magnets used.

I know that these are quite good for vehicles but they might be slightly too large for termie arms.

After a quick bit of google-fu I found this site, which is based in the UK (most other sites seem to be based in the US...).

If you want to find more sites you just need to search for rare earth magnets. Since I'm swedish I don't have any idea of any real life shops in the UK that carry them.

A disc-shaped magnet of about 3-4mm in diameter and 1mm thick would probably work well with termie arms.

Hope this helps :teehee:

Hi guys i'm back!

Bloodhowl, yes the legs drive you mad trying to bend them; but its worth it. sometimes you can't help but question that when you're doing it though.

and i don't blame you for not bending ironclad feet...

for my next dread i am getting the bits together for stepping down off something, which is a slight variation on what i did last time (gonna have to twist the leading leg and bend the trailing one) with an auto cannon and a missle launcher (maybe even launching a 'detatchable' missle) haven't completed the other one yet - looking for my pin vice and drill bits, have got the guitar wire thoughand need to complete the wrecked kan. and the fluff for my original dread is coming along well (as is a pre internment model - company champion)

Archived