Tactical Squads

infinite_array

Hello! I've been looking around for how to equip tactical squads, to try and get the best possible combination out of them. I'm tossing out my favorite of Flamer/ML (they're free, so why not use them?) in favor of something else -

2x squads with Melta, PC, PF, combi-melta, and Rhinos

In Kill-point games, these squads would have the range/speed/fire power to handle a variety of enemies. My only worry would be horde armies and AV 14. In objective games, the Rhinos drop the PC and 4 bolter marines off at an objective, while the Melta, and PF combi-srgt ride around and hit armor.

1x squad with Melta, ML, PF, combi-melta, Razorback.

In any game, this squad would combat squad, with the ML sitting back at an advantage pt or on an objective, and the Razor-squad (plus IC) would ride around. The Vehicle's TL-HB provide anti infantry support, and the 2 meltas are still hitting armor.

I would support these 3 squads with a Scout squad of 5 scouts, 4x with snipers, one with HB, and a scout srgt. with a sniper rifle (all equipped with camo cloaks). Their main goal would be to try and pin down any squads approaching objectives, thus giving my tac's more time to reach their objectives.

Does this represent a well rounded list? Are there any glaring errors here that I'm missing?

Edit: Grammer

You know, there's already a Tactical Squads thread in the top 10 on the forum, do we really need another?

Yes. We need to beat the dead xeno SO HARD that it comes back to life kicking and screaming only to explode in a shower of fiery death!

You know, there's already a Tactical Squads thread in the top 10 on the forum, do we really need another?

Sorry! I was looking at that, but i hate comparing answers to one another. It gets really hard to decide which build to take! So, I offered my ideas, and if i get a general yes, then I'm good. If I'm told to go back to playing with green plastic men that come from the dollar store, I know I've got some work to do.

Archived