The Lost and the Damned

Cpt_Reaper

I play LatD and I've tried a few. Technically you can still use the old rules. The problem wasn't the list itself being outdated as much as the new CSM codex not fitting with it well, the armories are all screwed up. So if you took the old LaTD army you wouldn't be able to equip any of your people with any special gear, and for a list thats main advantage was being able to plant a Ld 10 re-rolling champion w/ a PF(with 4 attacks) in a horde of 30 mutants that was really bad for the army. Without those champions the army really lacks anti-tank, anti-characters, and anti-MC.

The apoc formation is crap. With that leadership they are almost guaranteed to run and just end up clogging up your advance.

I've tried using the new guard dex built for close combat, Straken, priests w/ evicerators, & commisars w/ power fists in giant guard squads. It did VERY very well, but it was slow and not much fun to play.

I've tried the FW Renegade list, it was actually awesome. This list IS LatD under a different name. Only downside is getting people to agree to play it.

Next I think I might try the ork codex for counts as. A standard ork actually has a very similar profile to a mutant in the old LatD codex.

hmmm thats an idea using the ork Codex to represent the LaTD. I hadnt considered that it would work good with the chaos showing up and quitely building up a force on the planet out of what ever was to hand. Nobs and bosses maybe as CSM's?

that is an interesting idea, and nobs would be a decent stand in for CSM's. heck, even the looted wagon entries would be kinda fluffy

Orks=mutants

Nobs=big mutants

Power klaw=power fist

Shields= demonic aura

Ork cyborg parts= mark of nurgle

Anything in their orkish power armor can be equivalent marines.

Looted marine vehicles= badly maintained heretic vehicles that are given to the lost and the damned.

Mutants old stat line, str 3 T 4 low WS, BS, and I. Orks... basically the same.

To the extreme.... Stompa= demonic warhound. To explain how all those orks(mutants) can fit in it, have ropes on the sides they can hang from to hold onto the titan on its way into combat :) .

And they fight similar to LatD. Big squads of rather weak units with very powerful individuals in them(nobs).

Orks however aren't good for traitor guard.

Traitor guard heavy LatD=Gaurd codex.

Mutant heavy LatD= Ork codex.

If you want a mix of the two, or you want a lot of marines you really need the forgeworld renegade list.

Archived