Knights of Baal- 4th Company

Hello everyone,

I've been around the boards for quite some time, yet never actually posted any of my models. Up until recently i began devising a technique to paint them up and from what i can tell they turned out not so bad. Keep in mind i still have final touches to add to these models, ie. shoulder badges, eyes, script on purity seals, etc...AND most importantly the bases. So without further a do...I will display my models to be critiqued. Be honest everyone, give me your feedback as to what i should improve.

Thanks

Bloodseeker36

gallery_50060_5168_2340163.jpg

Squad Sergeant- Brother Adrastos

gallery_50060_5168_1447214.jpg

Brother Diocles

gallery_50060_5168_2454703.jpg

Brother Calais

gallery_50060_5168_294975.jpg

Brother Brontes

gallery_50060_5168_3192269.jpg

Brother Hestion

Please comments <_< , question :huh: , complaints :P , and criticism ^_^ is accepted

i spent weeks coming up with a red recipe that was easy and not as time consuming...but i still have to improve my skills with this scheme. but thanks for the comment. well i should've said it was my first time fully painting a MINIATURE. Lol as i have been exposed to painting in a few art classes i have taken.

For a first attempt those look really good. A few tips I could give you, I think you could thin your paint a little more, some of the red looks a tad blotchy. Also, try and paint the gemstones and other details instead of just blocking them out in gold, the added detail always makes the model look better and gemstones are easy enough to paint with a bit of neatness and brush control, which you seem to have in spades for a newbie.

Apart from that, good first effort. When you feel more comfortable slowly add in more complicated techniques and more complex highlight stages and go from there. File down the mould lines on the jump pack too. :devil:

Good stuff though mate, keep up the good work.

For a first attempt those look really good. A few tips I could give you, I think you could thin your paint a little more, some of the red looks a tad blotchy. Also, try and paint the gemstones and other details instead of just blocking them out in gold, the added detail always makes the model look better and gemstones are easy enough to paint with a bit of neatness and brush control, which you seem to have in spades for a newbie.

Apart from that, good first effort. When you feel more comfortable slowly add in more complicated techniques and more complex highlight stages and go from there. File down the mould lines on the jump pack too. :HQ:

Good stuff though mate, keep up the good work.

Seconded ;)

I do like that red. Mind if I ask the recipe?

Thanks everyone for your advice and tips...I will be working on finishing them up this weekend.

@Razblood- My method is fairly simple...it consists of layering thinned paints and bringing colors together with my favorite wash...Gryphonne Sepia. :)

But here it goes:

Prime models white

Thinned layer of Mechrite Red (2 depending on the overall coverage of model)

2 thinned coats of Blood Red (i kind of overbrushed these two coats)

2 washes of Gryphonne Sepia (fairly heavy washes)

Highlight with a thinned Blood Red

1 light wash of Baal Red to blend highlights

Just add a drop of water to your paint and they'll be fine.

Also the skulls are the same colour as the tabard, i think it just blends together too much. Maybe different shading or even totally different colour?

The yellow i reckon should have a ogryn flesh wash to add depth to it. But overall, great first time paint! :D

Nice job here. And it's good to see another army of 4th company blood angels! (mine are in a thread somewhere in the BA forum called my blood angelsif you wanna peek). My advice would be to wash the yellow with either gryphonne sepia or ogryn flesh but I'd prob do gryhonne as I prefer the result. Also pick out the gems and eyes as they really make a difference. Finally I would wash your weapons badab black after the drybrush...

Overall good job

Forgefather

Archived