Telions stalker Pattern Boltgun

jonjacob

hey guys.

i'm possibly reading into something that is not their, but the war gear for telion mentions that he common carries a boltgun with silenced shells and targeter, and CAN be fired with the shown profile.

So my interpretation of this is that the stalker can be fired with the heavy 2 pinning and rending profile, but can also be used as regular bolter too. Am i correct with this interpretation or not?

I believe that the interpretation Jon offered is correct and that the stalker pattern boltgun can be shot with a normal profile, this is due targeter and shells being an extension of the weapon, hense bolt gun equipped with silenced shells and targeter

as an example sternguard can use special ammo with combi bolters, yet a combi bolter with special ammo does not ceases being a bolter.

Under the wargear description it also states "it can be fired with the following profile:", suggesting choice between shooting either as a bolter or the stalker profile.

This makes more sense as Telion would be far more flexible character when upgrading to use him; this is especially true where scouts armed with boltguns are concerned.

This has cropped up a few times with no clear answer either way.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...alker&st=25

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...alker&st=75

My opinion is that he cannot shoot it s a normal boltgun for two reasons.

1) he only carries a stalker boltgun not a normal one.

2) there is no alternative stat line for what the other shots pofile would be. Nor is there a line like 'can be fired as either... or....'.

But hey, feel free to peruse those threads and come up with your own ideas.

There are many things like this where it might make sense, but has no place in the rules.

Example: A tank is flanked by 2 other tanks, you can only get to the front- youll still hit it on the rear armor in assault.

Or

Sterngaurds special bolter rounds wont work in a stormbolter, despite it otherwise using identical ammunition to the bolter.

This has cropped up a few times with no clear answer either way.

My opinion is that he cannot shoot it s a normal boltgun for two reasons.

1) he only carries a stalker boltgun not a normal one.

2) there is no alternative stat line for what the other shots pofile would be. Nor is there a line like 'can be fired as either... or....'.

But hey, feel free to peruse those threads and come up with your own ideas.

Clearly this is can of worm that needs to be put to rest with GW decsion, kinda make me wish scouts captain where avalible to the marine player. thank you all for you input with the matter and additional information.

Not really. GW tends to not rule on things they feel are already covered by the rules.

A stalker pattern boltgun receives a different profile than a mark IX boltgun, or a reaver pattern boltgun, or whatever. It happens.

Archived