chaos raptors conversion

gitty1

hi im new to the forums nad i hope this is in the right place, if not could it please be moved.

im thinking of converting some of my spare space marines using some eldar warp jump generators.

fluff wise i think this should be ok because they could have stole them, and the warp won't effect the marines and they could have stole/raided them.

(i was also thinking of painting them slanesh [emperor's children] colours to symbolise a sort of grudge with the eldar)

what are everyone thoughts on if this is a good idea.

i just don't really want to buy raptors as they are metal and a bit expensive and all the same(sorta).

I'm about to be converting my Assault Marines into Raptors. Totally different backpacks, but same function.

I'd say the same applies to that. For game mechanics they'd work the same. For background, cool story.

You probably don't have to paint them as Emperor's Children though. Their colors are a little... fruity...

Doubt CSM could use xenos tech of that nature, as in that actually needs to be plugged into the armor and isn't just a gun you point and shoot. But I guess it could look ok if done right, though I think jump packs or possessed wings would work much better.

Oh and Cynyr, your sig is an illegal action, you cannot place a flamer template so that it covers any of your own models :)

It's not too difficult to make pretty decent looking wings out of green stuff

@Rain, Chaos dude was pasting me that game so he let me have a little leeway. It was also before the latest 40k rulebook release if that makes a difference.

Archived