Brand New Prince

i thought i would make a thread for people to show off their new daemon princes (i assume people will be getting them :angry:)

i got mine yesterday and promptly made it.

gallery_38604_4022_1618.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_785650.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_777376.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_358377.jpg

can't wait to see what some other people have done, ill post him here when he is painted to :)

SB

Cool.

I have one coming for my RED CORSAIRS! Arrrgh! :HQ:

I'm thinking of ordering some Blood Angel bitz as well to flesh a new Corsair squad out. ;) But that's besides the point.

I really like what you did there. Is that whole eyepeice thing a conversion? Where is it from? Very cool.

Conversion look pretty cool.

I got two yesterday.

One going to be a Bloodthrister for my Daemon force (preffer plastic over metal & current going to replace 85% of my Daemon force thanks to the second wave) which has been fully painted in just about a hour & a half. My local GW doing a paint comp, basicly buy it on the release, have it ready for 2pm today.

Try get photo of him later on.

The second one I'll wait & see as a few more chaos armies line up to collect in the future.

Overall the model is pretty cool, some bits I do not like, but there still a lot of cool stuff on the spure. The new plastic Daemon Prince is a bit bigger than the metal one as well.

IP

Got mine a few days back. Put it together quickly ( no mods) and white primered, blue inked. Will be 2nd daemon prince for my Tsons army. I'll get a pic of him up tomorrow. Loved this model, but huge gaps in his shoulders. Had to putty, which for a plastic model, usually I don't have to do.

Got mine a few days back. Put it together quickly ( no mods) and white primered, blue inked. Will be 2nd daemon prince for my Tsons army. I'll get a pic of him up tomorrow. Loved this model, but huge gaps in his shoulders. Had to putty, which for a plastic model, usually I don't have to do.

yes this model is pretty bad on the gaps and i just had to make my own head. heres my tzeentch prince that i will make a giant disc for once i finish some other things. im going to make it so ican swap between his disc and regular base incase i dont want flight

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/hammered187/DSC01402.jpg

the small horns came from one of the heads off his sprue and the long horns came from the tzeentch iconcs from the chaos marines upgrade sprue. the helmet is the chaos warrior looking head from the defiler sprue

Cool.

I have one coming for my RED CORSAIRS! Arrrgh! :D

I'm thinking of ordering some Blood Angel bitz as well to flesh a new Corsair squad out. :D But that's besides the point.

I really like what you did there. Is that whole eyepeice thing a conversion? Where is it from? Very cool.

Yeah I'm re painting my Vanilla Space Marines as Red Corsairs (Chaos is just so much more... stranger :D )

I was wondering what a Corsair Demon Prince would look like? Guess I could give it a wooden leg and a parrot.

Love the face grill. I assembled mine when I got it last week but nothing spectacular. Used all the parts from the kit. Chopped off the right Space marine/DP hand and replaced it with the axe hand.

One conversion I really like is the one someone sent into GW with the Trygon tail representing a Slaaneshi DP.

I love the kit.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/hammered187/DSC01402.jpg

Love the Tzeentch conversion Debauchery :)

Got mine yesterday, a very quick model to assemble - agree with some of the comments, there are a lot of gaps to fill, but not huge chasm-like ones - you can just see where the joins on the arms go, for example.

This kit has a pleasing amount of options, one slight complaint is it's difficult to adapt the posability of the model unless you're willing to spend the time doing a lot of cutting, pinning and sculpting.

Other than that, I'm pleased with mine. I will use it once I have completed the scenic base - just to give you an idea of the ease with which this kit is assembled, I'm spending longer on the base than I needed to on assembling the actual model! B)

Uh, stupid question, but... Are there any Astartes heads in this kit? I mean, the grinning daemon thing is okay, but I'd really rather have something like a warped Marine helm on a Chaos Marine daemon prince.

Uh, stupid question, but... Are there any Astartes heads in this kit? I mean, the grinning daemon thing is okay, but I'd really rather have something like a warped Marine helm on a Chaos Marine daemon prince.

Sadly no. You need to find a way to convert your own, and trust me, a warped marine helm would look a thousand times better than the stock heads they provide you with.

Sadly no. You need to find a way to convert your own, and trust me, a warped marine helm would look a thousand times better than the stock heads they provide you with.

This vexes me. I'm terribly vexed.

The Defiler kit has two "Helmet" style heads, of which Debauchery had used one for his Tzeentch style prince conversion. Perhaps one of them would be suitable? One is a bit "Chaos Knight"-ish, while the other looks a bit like the Iron Warriors symbol. Does anyone here have both kits and can confirm whether they are similar in size to the Daemon Prince heads?

The Defiler kit has two "Helmet" style heads, of which Debauchery had used one for his Tzeentch style prince conversion. Perhaps one of them would be suitable? One is a bit "Chaos Knight"-ish, while the other looks a bit like the Iron Warriors symbol. Does anyone here have both kits and can confirm whether they are similar in size to the Daemon Prince heads?

I was on BW Bits earlier today, specifically hunting down the skull faceplate from the Defiler, for my Word Bearer daemon prince. I dig the idea of a former chaplain ascending (not an original plan, but a decent one, given the bitz on offer, I reckon).

I too feel vexed by the lack of "marine" heads for the chaos daemon prince. You would think that GW would at least do 1 type of helmeted and one without helmet normal/bionic type space marine head. I don't think all DP would look so, uh... demonic. There should be just giant space marine Dp's walking around the 40k universe.

On a side note, has there ever been a picture of the Iron Warrior primarach as a DP? I think I've seen all the others. And how good of an idea was it that Chaos made all the chaos primarchs DP. I mean now they never have to worry about them trying to go back to undo what they did. Brilliant. It's kinda like they're all prisoners.. ;)

maybe try the ven dread marine helms? not sure what size they are but they look larger than normal marine ones.

maybe try the ven dread marine helms? not sure what size they are but they look larger than normal marine ones.

no they are the same size as normal marine helms, try the INQ scale marine you can get if you really want a giant marine.

Really loving the looks of these Demon Princes! I really like the colour scheme ya have Cate :)

Im very tempted to get one of these princes....but then i have the dilemma of painting it...i just wouldnt know what to colour it...id probably have it with blue eyes....red and silver shoulders (i think thats word bearers..but id do it to oppose the blue and gold of the ultras i have ;) ) but then the skin colour...oh the choices!

Archived