Brand New Prince

to be honest, i'd say less common then they are used. However, with the current codex blah blah useless other hq's blah blah blah older codex i used less daemon princes blah blah.

really like the slannesh one too, colour scheme is beautiful, got one mostly assembled but no idea what colour to paint it, wanted to start a new chaos/renegade list using space wolf codex, and this scheme would have be rather similar....

I am pretty happy with the new DP model. I didn't like the bizarre long fingers sort of randomly sculpted in there, but one of the great things about plastics is that it only takes a second to flick offending bits off. If there had been a more Marine looking head it would be 100% perfect, but I'm satisfied with what I've got. If I were to do a second one I'd do conversion work to it to make them different, but I'm happy with this kit straight out of the box.

Next year when I get it painted I might even post a picture...

Hope this isnt considered threadjack but I bought one of the new DP and I cant decide on a color scheme for the skin and wing membranes. It is going to be a DP from the Iron Warriors legion and Im not to thrilled with the red skintones but it seems to be the safest option. What would contrast well with a DP with metalic armor?

Hope this isnt considered threadjack but I bought one of the new DP and I cant decide on a color scheme for the skin and wing membranes. It is going to be a DP from the Iron Warriors legion and Im not to thrilled with the red skintones but it seems to be the safest option. What would contrast well with a DP with metalic armor?

im doing mine now and i went for red but my other option was going to be light blue, i just know how to do red daemonic skin.

How does the size of this fella compare to the old one?

I've got a Daemon Prince model in the works with the metal skull defiler mask and a Tomb Kings scorpion tail but I haven't been able to finish him (or any other modeling project). Maybe I could mix and match parts from this guy to polish it off...

@sword bretheren Nice to see it done. It looks smashing.

@frontline, Have you considered a lava prince, gglowing from inside out, and most of the skin blackish, if you can pull it off it can look great. Iron warriors armour and red skin might not contrast that good.

@Jeff jedi a khorne one is hared either go with a black skin, or make it brown so it looks more like a beast. I would also take the head with the horns bent downwards as it looks meaner then the one with the ones which are curved forward and the one i used isn't practical and to blinged for a Khorne DP.

I gotta say that I'm really digging the White/Gold armor of that DP.

The color scheme is so "good buy" which is wonderfully reflected by using it a ultimate minion of evil.

EDIT: I wonder about a black/dark grey skinned one, and if that would make the armor/eyes/detail "pop" more...

On the back of the daemon prince box is a black skinned one, and I think it looks great, just having a contrasting colour will make it look good. Brighter colours like green, blue and red will show easily against a dark skin.

Edit:spelling.

Well, got the kit and decided to build one straight from the box... but wait, what shall I do with the excess parts....

:P

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/Wynnar/BothPrincessmall.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/Wynnar/4armprincesmall.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/Wynnar/4armprincesidesmall.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/Wynnar/4armprinceleftsidesmall.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/Wynnar/4armprincebacksmall.jpg

Both are, as apparent, still very much WIP.

Dark elf manticore, old metal dreadnought's claw, old metal daemon prince's exhaust parts. Lot's and lots of greenstuff, some random loincloths from here and there, earrings from terminator lord box.

Uh, stupid question, but... Are there any Astartes heads in this kit? I mean, the grinning daemon thing is okay, but I'd really rather have something like a warped Marine helm on a Chaos Marine daemon prince.

You know the Khorne Blood Slaughterer head from forgeworld would look really nice with some greenstuff worked into it.

Uh, stupid question, but... Are there any Astartes heads in this kit? I mean, the grinning daemon thing is okay, but I'd really rather have something like a warped Marine helm on a Chaos Marine daemon prince.

You know the Khorne Blood Slaughterer head from forgeworld would look really nice with some greenstuff worked into it.

although true who wants to pay 42 quid for one head.

Archived