Deathwing WIP

Red_Lep

I'm rebuilding my Deathwing after it was put in storage(started college) and almost all of it has disappeared. I have a rough test mini for advice, mainly looking for ideas for the base. Any thoughts?

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k240/RedIrishTex/IMG_3440.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k240/RedIrishTex/IMG_3439.jpg

Thanks in advance.

First off, nice work on the mini. Secondly, how about a rocky wasteland? Or city rubble?

Thanks!

I think that the city rubble idea sounds like it would work well, any tips on how I could go about making it? I've never based a mini before so I'm not sure how to go about it.

Genestealer Corpses all the way! :pirate:

I really wanted to put genestealer heads on all my terminator bases(color coded by squad ofcourse). The only problem was that they cost at or over $1 a piece everywhere I looked.

simple. Buy a space hulk box. Its well worth the price since you get 12 terminators in it who are so beautifully detailed (just need to shave off a few blood drops here and there) and it comes with 22 genestealers plus a broodlord you could just cut to pieces and use them for your bases. :pirate:

OK, go to the local Michaels girly art store/ modeling store. Pick up some sand, flock, other assorted vegies, and very small rocks... Mix them all together, well not all of them. Lots of Elmers glue, and pour it on. Then use lightly watered down Elmers to coat it with. Hear is what I did with this mix.. Yes it'll work well with the 40mm base.

make an industrial/space hulk base, would work perfect

just search for mechanical stuff or what ever looks like it could be in a space hulk, glue it on the base and paint it silver ;)

if you really want to do genestealers hacked up on your bases i would do it man. youll be way more glad you did than if you compromised.

if youre short on bits check ebay for some cheapo stealers. the previous 40k boxed set had some generic stealers and guant and im sure you could score that sprue for a few bucks.

also what ive had lots of luck with is taking my bits boxes down to hobby stores and and showing guys what i got and seeing if anyone wants to trade

another suggestion would be to remove your models from the bases before making the basing. itll give you more options so you dont have to make it somewhat flatter to accomodate him already being on the base.

Archived