Quick question

bulley

I am returning to the game (well more this time as a hobby painter) for the first time since 2nd ED (11+ years since I played/collected). Not much has changed but a bit has.

Firstly there is a lot of inclussion of special characters, which leads me to assume there is no longer the question of "only if permision is given" if my memory serves.

Also, do people get "arsey" if you use a codex (E.G BA or SW) yet do not subject to the colour scheme. I remember I had to fight tooth and nail to get my SW Codex'd but not SW coloured army into a tourney (despite not being able to find a actual written rule, other than "what you see is what you get" - which techically I could see, since SW's are grey and mine were most certainly not).

Any help muchos appriciated.

I'll pop up some of my pics of old models and a couple of my trial runs from this weekend (weird picking up a brush after a decade gap).

Cheers,

Bulley.

Permission only is largely gone, except for Forgeworld rules and models.

The color scheme thing should be fine, as well. We've got a local player who runs a Templar-schemed army as anything from standard Marines, to Space Wolves. No one really cares, especially when it's a choice between that, and facing an unpainted army.

However, both things can vary by "house rules."

Special characters are allowed to be used in any game. Some people for whatever their reasons frown upon their use though.

As far as color is conserned, any is allowed, as long as you say what codex you're using. There are Dark Angels and Raven Guard using Blood Angel codexes and CSM using SW codex.

Archived