When can the Crusader shoot its hurricane bolters?

Powertool

It isn't a fast vehicle, so it can only shoot anything if it moves 6" or less.

Of course, I'm ignoring the Power of the Machine spirit with that answer. In that case, check your codex, since some work differently than others.

the land raider crusader can only move more than 6 inches and shoot its huricane bolters in the grey knights codex because that was a special rule for it. in any other up to date sm codex (BA, and codex space marines) it can move and fire one more weapon then usualy aloud. for example moving flat out but still shooting its multi melta due to the machine spirit. hope this helps

Interesting question. I believe that a hurricane bolter is still str 4. That makes it a "defensive weapon". Per the rules-A vehicle moved at combat speed can fire all of it's defense weapons in addition to the single it is usually allowed to fire. But then again I could be wrong.

6" = all weapons on a crusader. One normal, One Power of Machine Spirt, and hurricane bolters because they are defensive st 4 weapons.

6" pluse = Power of the Machine spirt lets you shoot one.

I love crusaders. Even took out a chaos LR in the Ard Boyz tournament this year.

Just a fun tidbit, but Grey Knights LRC's can fire their Hurricane Bolters regardless of distance traveled. They can move 12", fire their Hurricane Bolters, and still fire their terrible assault cannon (or a multi-melta) using PotMS.

^ This.

It almost makes up for the non-rending heavy 3 assault cannons.

It's a surprise to non DH players who aren't expecting it though.

I make a point of explaining to my opponents the special rules it has before the game starts. If they forget during the game that is not my fault.

I make an effort to remember what rules their special units have so it cuts both ways.

I meant 12 inches (darn Imperial system.... :) )

Don't know why I thought that if LRC moved, he could only rapid fire... but in back-thought... I shoot with my dreadnought's plasma cannon even when he moves... :P

Thanks for the answer JamesI

^ This.

It almost makes up for the non-rending heavy 3 assault cannons.

It's a surprise to non DH players who aren't expecting it though.

Yeah, it can definately come as a surprise for some players. The same way a Templar drop pod can fire on the turn that it lands where other marines(except maybe DA?) can't

• 2 weeks later...

If you do not move - All weapons on the crusader may fire. In the case of SM, BA, and SW codicies Machine Spirit allows you to fire one of those weapon at a different target to the rest.

If you move up to 6" - All weapons on the crusader may fire. The main gun fires as the Assault Cannons, the defensive guns fire as the Hurricane Bolters, the Machine Spirit uses the Multi-Melta.

If you move 7-12" - A single weapon may be fired with the machine spirit.

Crusaders are fun aren't they? And we will just overlook the 16 model capacity... :)

If you move up to 6" -

If you move 7-12" -

It needs to be stated that while generaly acurate, these distances are not allways acurate. The restrictions are based on moving combat speed (normaly up 6 inches) or cruising speed (normaly more than 6 less than 12). However for any non skimmer, travel along a road allows you to move an extra six inches, thus up to 12" would still be combat speed and more than 12 but less than 18 would be cruising speed. Also the orks red ones go faster rule allows an extra inch so combat speed is 7" (13" on roads) and cruising speed is 13" (19" on roads).

[, travel along a road allows you to move an extra six inches, thus up to 12" would still be combat speed and more than 12 but less than 18 would be cruising speed.

Not quite, roads only allow the extra 6" movement if you are already going at cruising speed.

So 0-6" -combat speed 6"-18" -cruising speed.

I beleive this was one of the changes from 4th ed. to 5th

[, travel along a road allows you to move an extra six inches, thus up to 12" would still be combat speed and more than 12 but less than 18 would be cruising speed.

Not quite, roads only allow the extra 6" movement if you are already going at cruising speed.

So 0-6" -combat speed 6"-18" -cruising speed.

I beleive this was one of the changes from 4th ed. to 5th

Ya know i had read that more than once and completely skiped over the part were it spoke about cruising speed (the insert on pg 57 for those playing at home) and i didnt even play 4e. Good catch, fortunatly it hasnt come up in one of my games yet.

Archived