Counter Attack and Furious Charge

This came up during a Kill Team game between and my ork buddy when we both had a model with both counter attack and Furious Charge USRs. Quite simply, does a model get furious charge when counter attacking?

No. FC is only gained by models that initially make the assault into combat [bRB p 75]. Counter Attack isn't assaulting per se, but a counter-attack – in other words a reaction to being assaulted.

Cheers

I

I would have to disagree.

to quote the space wolf codex faq regarding ragnar: "The counter attack special rule states 'all models in the unit get the +1 assault bonus to their attacks, exactly as if they too had assaulted that turn' Therefore Ragnar's unit does indeed benefit from furious charge"

to quote the space wolf codex faq regarding ragnar: "The counter attack special rule states 'all models in the unit get the +1 assault bonus to their attacks, exactly as if they too had assaulted that turn' Therefore Ragnar's unit does indeed benefit from furious charge"

that has been removed from the FAQ (mostly because it was realy dumb), please download the latest version.

Thanks for the quick replies brothers, we will make sure to act accordingly. In case you're interested in that battle we actually decided to let counter attack grant furious charge too which ended up creating a rather amusing blood bath. My Lone Wolf carved through four nobs like they weren't even there :)

Yeah... that lasted about a week, before everyone realised how horribly game breaking it was.

Doubly game breaking when people decided to apply it to Iron Hand Straken-led 50-man IG Blob Squads. Oh boy! 100 attacks when receiving a charge at S4, I4! *facepalm*

Lets not forget Jain Zar- 31 PW attacks, at S4 I 10, and 4 at S7 I10....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived