Vamp's Battle Company thread

Greetings Frater!

Having just finished bulking out my Salamanders 1st Company army with two new squads and a dreadnought during the recent Call of the Imperium, I am looking for my next project for my Space Marines.

As such I have moved back to my partially complete battle company, and will be expanding upon it for the foreseeable future.

As my army stands, I have three tactical squads complete, along with their rhino transports, Vulkan He'stan, 2 dreadnoughts with drop pods, as well as a few veteran units from the first company. You can see the current progress of the army below:

gallery_289_5184_1138868.jpg

A battle company for the Salamanders, due to their unique formations, should look as follows:

Captain

Command Squad

Librarian

Chaplain

7 Tactical Squads

2 Assault Squads

3 Devastator Squads.

Plus a transport vehicle for every unit.

This is for a total of 120 marines plus command, plus transports.

My current project is getting 3 tactical squads and an assault squad built, based and painted. Below is my current progress with the expansion:

gallery_289_5184_1675616.jpg

I will be posting regular or semi-regular updates in this thread as the expansion progresses. I plan on doing the work in blocks of 4, so will have four units - be they squads or vehicles - ongoing at any one time. This is for both efficiency purposes and to stave off boredom - I have a very limited attention span and have managed to push any thoughts of working on my Fantasy Beastmen from my mind to get my Salamanders done as best I can.

The plan for the moment is to work on the 3 tactical squads and the 1 assault squad, then once they are done to move onto the remaining tactical, 2 devastator and the second assault squad.

Further updates to follow...

Well, time for an update, though not much of one I'd say!

Here's the current progress on the Battle Company itself - with the exception of a handful of subbed models from my veterans to "count as" members of an assault squad whilst the rest are slowly built, all the models will be a part of the 4th Company and will sport the black shoulder pad with green chapter icon.

Missing from the photo are... the Captain, Command Squad, Chaplain and Librarian, 1 Tactical squad with transport and 3 Devastator squads with transports.

gallery_289_5184_125205.jpg

Small update but no pictures yet - that will change this weekend. I have made a start on getting the four squads painted, having gotten the green base colour done on all bar a handful of the models.

My plan is to have the Assault Squad finished by the end of August. Lots of work to do on them but we'll see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Update time!

I promised some WIP shots of my assault squad, and now my camera is fully charged here they are. They are made from a combination of the Death Company, Assault Marine, Chaos Knight, Space Wolf, Ork Trukk, and Black Templar sprues, plus the Vanguard Veteran boxed set, the limited edition Games Day Captain, and a tonne of green stuff and plastic rod.

gallery_289_5184_84038.jpg

gallery_289_5184_12550.jpg

gallery_289_5184_102225.jpg

gallery_289_5184_30784.jpg

gallery_289_5184_132299.jpg

gallery_289_5184_124724.jpg

Archived