[Art work] Marine portraits

Viva La Jade

So basically its all started when REYNER wanted his face as a marine ;)

So I asked him to 'look angry' and took a pic, then when I began to draw it I wanted to make him look more rugged.

So... Here it is (so far anyway) It isn't finished yet, a lot more work but should be done fairly soon(ish) :HQ:

I just thought you may like a peek ;)

gallery_51550_5187_1043018.jpg

looking great so far, you have alot of talent.

can't wait to see how you do the armour, maybe a couple of wires connecting under his ear or something, just something to show he is more connected to the armour when you get to it.

keep up the great work :HQ:

Oh yeah dont get me wrong.. lol I was gnna have cables and all that connecting him ;) I'm very particular in the way i draw lol

I have to get all the possible detail i can in the face then once its done go back and add on all the extra's. I have just done the studs on his head for now ;)

I was thinking about changing the right eye for a bionic one :HQ: But we'll see

Looks like a normal dude. Nothing like a marine at all.

normal dude don't insert metal stud in there skull!

ok he don't look a marines for now but I assume he will!

impressive work by the way! don't know if it's intentionnaly but the two middle tooth are not center with the middle of the face

Although I must give props on your excellent drawing skulls and shading, I must agree for atleast some part with Trygon. It doesn't really strike me as astartes

It is simply the fact that his face is alittle skiny doesn't have that muscular, squarish jaw and rough fleshed out form that is common place amongst the astartes due to the genetic enhancements they each undergo. Im not saying that all astartes look the exact same, but they are very similar in that they are square beef cakes no matter how you slice the steroid-laced pie.

I will say, however, that if you did make his head alittle wider and just a tad more fleshed out, you could totally pull him off as Lukas the Trickster. He's got that twisted wild look in his eyes and it just works perfectly, all be it that you'd have to give him much furrier sideburns and some huge-ass canines :P

yeah thanks. I did clearly state WORK IN PROGRESS... as in not finished yet and i did say i need to add the armour

Jesus Christ man, cool down. Not here to piss you off or anything. I'm just very blunt.

I think noctus covered my concerns regarding the structure of the head. Marines have an enlarged skeletal structure, meaning a bigger skull. This means wider, deep set features. And the massive muscular structure would indeed result in square beef cakes...

yeah thanks. I did clearly state WORK IN PROGRESS... as in not finished yet and i did say i need to add the armour

Jesus Christ man, cool down. Not here to piss you off or anything. I'm just very blunt.

I think noctus covered my concerns regarding the structure of the head. Marines have an enlarged skeletal structure, meaning a bigger skull. This means wider, deep set features. And the massive muscular structure would indeed result in square beef cakes...

Actually, according to some of the fluff a marines head is out of proportion to the rest of his body and about the same size as a regular mans head. And before you ask I cant remember where I read it but it was an official source

Well I love it for (for obvious reasons :D) and rest assured it will look fantasmical when it's finished. We have discussed the bionic eye and other machine parts so that will be fun :teehee:

Archived