2nd grand company captain, Hecthor Ectasy

Well I decided I would begin work on my next captain of my chapter (angelus mortis, check it out in the liber astartes I think it is, put alot of effort into it!) and this one is Hecthor (prounced Hec-tor and not thor. I would like to point of the norse gods proper pronoucation is also the same, tor, not thor!) Ectasy. As his name may suggest, he has alot of energy and quite happy to go about slaughtering the enemies of the emperor. So far work on Hecthor himself is limited to a selection of bits and a piece of plastic I am currently converting into his weapon (a scythe!). The main focus of attention has been his bike which has had plenty of bells and whistles added to give it a nice prepared warrior look who doesn't like getting caught unprepared.

Before I add the pictures I would like to note that the bikes main weapon is actually a heavy stubber, I reason that the mech in a stubber would equal that of a TLed bolter in terms of rate of fire and that also the weapon would be extremely well made. Not to mention: it looks awesome!

Again if the image quality is that of a grots remains after a squig fatal 4-way then I apologise, my phones macro feature does it's best!

gallery_41387_2969_54610.jpg

gallery_41387_2969_30084.jpg

gallery_41387_2969_56743.jpg

Draw note to the side-holstered weapons: a shotgun for the bad-ass factor and a spare bolter for when needs must. Decided that for a captain to look like he's extremely over the top with energy I decided a nice banner on the back of his bike would make it look outrageous to complement the captains personality. Again I would like to thank chaos for denotating a shield from their knights in the fantasy range (I am a warriors of chaos player in fantasy, thinking about skaven!) so the front panel of the bike may look awesome while I give high elves mention for -ahem- 'donating' one of their books to be giving praise to the immortal emperor! Also special thanks to the catachans for giving the captain use of one of their blades and some backpacks along with a few grenades!

Wow, I'm updating a WIP for once!

First off his final bike design. Not alot added except some green stuff to cover holes and reinforce some places. (Purity seal tassles: Look stylish why purging enemies B) )

gallery_41387_2969_10588.jpg

gallery_41387_2969_38743.jpg

Onto the actual man himself. Yeah not much on his own but he is part of something so never expect one part ot be great without the rest.

gallery_41387_2969_20986.jpg

(sorry about the fuzz, but to be honest there's nothing really that greatly detail about him)

Now, the man and machine come together!

gallery_41387_2969_30554.jpg

I plan to keep them seperate, even after painting as to make transport easier him.

thanks for the comment and as for the chapter:

I decided that the name was getting a little silly sounding and they changed to archangels for a while. Eventually someone else said they took it so I searched for a name again and so it came to be named what they are: angels of death, Angelus Mortis.

Don't worry though, their scheme and characters are the same. This is just me actually making an effort to give them an appearance. However I doubt I'll ever get a full company of them (since the entire chapter is split over 4 companies so each one is vastly larger than the standard 6/2/2 formation of squads).

Archived