Rage and company en mass

Ok now alot of people know about rage and death company however I have a question. If I do the ork tactic of conga line when deploying, this sets up a problem with the 30 man unit spread across the best part of 6 feet: several units are the closest! What happens when this occurs? does the rage rule just pull them evenly towards the enemy units or what? because the more I think about it the more I can see it being used to get past the death companies short falling rage (and if you can over 1500 points of army behind a few terrain pieces then have a medal and a free revive back to planet earth because you have done the impossible!)

Ok now alot of people know about rage and death company however I have a question. If I do the ork tactic of conga line when deploying, this sets up a problem with the 30 man unit spread across the best part of 6 feet: several units are the closest! What happens when this occurs? does the rage rule just pull them evenly towards the enemy units or what? because the more I think about it the more I can see it being used to get past the death companies short falling rage (and if you can over 1500 points of army behind a few terrain pieces then have a medal and a free revive back to planet earth because you have done the impossible!)

I don't have my BBB but the rage rule states the unit must end up closer to the closest unit as fast as possible, yes? In which case only one model the model that can get as close as possible to the closest unit needs to move... all the rest can move wherever as long as they don't break any other rules :tu:

I see what he is talking about and i'll try a lil pic for ya

Enemy units: X------------------X

Death Comp: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Both units are the closest, as they are both equally distat from the spread out dc.

Honestly, I don't believe you will get in a situation where you have two units the exact same distance from a large RAGE unit. It would most like have to be a situation where the enemy move up don't assault but stop at 1". I just don't see them being equidistant, it could be a couple of millimetres but there will be a difference

The big difference between a 30 man ork boys squad and a 30 man DC squad is that the DC have to move towards the closest enemy, not the majority of the unit but the whole unit, yes quiet messy but true none the less. And the Ork Boys the mob can move in a general direction but they can fan out toward several groups without having to move one end of the mob at all.

Honestly, I don't believe you will get in a situation where you have two units the exact same distance from a large RAGE unit. It would most like have to be a situation where the enemy move up don't assault but stop at 1". I just don't see them being equidistant, it could be a couple of millimetres but there will be a difference

The big difference between a 30 man ork boys squad and a 30 man DC squad is that the DC have to move towards the closest enemy, not the majority of the unit but the whole unit, yes quiet messy but true none the less. And the Ork Boys the mob can move in a general direction but they can fan out toward several groups without having to move one end of the mob at all.

But as someone above explained better than me, the guy on the far right is considering the guy on the far right opposite him the cloest while the left side believes it's the other. Hence forms what I would say would lead to the way I think it would work: the unit would just move forward normally (since none of them can move away from other without break coherency). It's most likely the only way to make rage work for you but even then the enemy ether has to bunch up to make your death company come to where they want but get multi-charged to obvilion or spread out and try and get a counter charge to remove the problem.

However I still want to see a full 30 man unit with all the bells and whistles led by lemartes and see what it takes to bring them down. (conga line=4+cover save in additon to their 3+ normal save so they get a decent save regardless. They also have FNP. To finish it they will be charging second turn. hmmm, 120 attacks at str9 with re-rolls to hit and re-rolls to wound that ignore armour saves. If they can't take dual THs then 90 attacks is still terrifying! Then again it would realistically be about 40-60% of that attack power but still: if they get in your doomed!)

But as someone above explained better than me, the guy on the far right is considering the guy on the far right opposite him the closest while the left side believes it's the other. Hence forms what I would say would lead to the way I think it would work: the unit would just move forward normally (since none of them can move away from other without break coherency). It's most likely the only way to make rage work for you but even then the enemy ether has to bunch up to make your death company come to where they want but get multi-charged to obvilion or spread out and try and get a counter charge to remove the problem.

If the Death Company moved as individuals sure, but for the sanity of the rules the unit of DC moves towards to the closest enemy unit.

Multi assaulting sure, if you where able to wrap around / pile in you can assault their entire army at once.

But if unit a is 3" away from a single DC and at the other end of a sea of DC a whole 12" to the other end of the DC unit unit B is 4" from 5 DC your entire DC unit will turn and run away from unit B towards unit A .

Its the same logic for the squad firing at the same target, sure 10 DC are in rapidfire range for unit A 10 are in range for unit B and 10 are in range for unit C you can't split fire no matter how much you'd like to

Archived