True Scaled Chapter Master

HarasinCreed

I am wanting to enter the Under 18 Large model catagery in New Zealand this year so decided to sculpt something up. So this is my first attempt at any real sculpting. I have done quite abit of converting but this is my first big job.

Front

http://a.imageshack.us/img193/3624/img1725xd.jpg

Back

http://a.imageshack.us/img24/1174/img1723em.jpg

Side

http://a.imageshack.us/img823/7184/img1724b.jpg

Side

http://a.imageshack.us/img826/7301/img1722l.jpg

Over all i was quite happy with the results other than the knee guards and the stormbolter. I would appretiate it if anyone has any ideas for the paint scheme. C&C welcome.

I wasn't planning on using him in an army just as a show off model. As to the sword i thought it was one of the best parts but hay everyones intitleled(cant spell) to their own oppinion.

I like the sword, it definitely looks well used. Your sculpting is pretty good on him but I would suggest some things if you don't mind a little constructive criticism. The green stuff on the backpack looks a little lumpy, I would try to file or sand it down a little. I also think he would look good with a belt and buckle of some kind, it would help define the abdomen and hips a little I think. You could then add some grenades or pouches/whatever on the belt and make him look a little more "kitted out." As for a color scheme, he screams Fallen Dark Angel to me, so black paint would be my choice.

Thanks for the comment. I did actually cut the bumpyness off the backpack after the photo i realised my mistake and how do you make a decent belt i had trouble making one for him so just left it out. As ot the Fallen Dark Angel i have been painting my Legion of the Damned army for 2 years so i am tired of painting black. But i think i might do a normal Dark Angles scheme with a couple of hints of Black. Final comment do you think i should do battle damadge on the rest of his body?

Thanks for the comment. I did actually cut the bumpyness off the backpack after the photo i realised my mistake and how do you make a decent belt i had trouble making one for him so just left it out. As ot the Fallen Dark Angel i have been painting my Legion of the Damned army for 2 years so i am tired of painting black. But i think i might do a normal Dark Angles scheme with a couple of hints of Black. Final comment do you think i should do battle damadge on the rest of his body?

I would use a strip of plasticard like you used on the shoulder pads for a nice straight belt. All you would need then is a buckle, easily cut from another marine torso. I think you should try to paint on the majority of the damage and only add a few nicks for effect.

Not too bad for your first attempt at true scaling. It looks pretty good so far, but a few things stand out to me; his pose and the length of his arms. His chest and arm pose suggest that he is standing upright, but his legs are bent in a combat stance, which looks kind of odd. His arms look much too long, almost comically so. I think the problem is how you attached the power fists (maybe?). Those things aside, I think that you've done a great job for your first attempt. I really dig the sword. Keep up the good work

Ya the whole pose thing i was having trouble with because of the shape of the Terminators legs plus sculpting skills. And the arms look better in reality. But thanks for the comments with attatch belt tonight and get some picks up.

Well I popped in here when you first posted it and took a peak around. So since you were kind enough to pop into my own demon thread, I thought I'd do the same for you! :)

The first thing that I noticed when looking at the model was the head. Which does scream Dark Angel imo. This is good, as you want the focus to begin at the head/face depending on the situation and go out from there, or begin at a specific point, again depending on situation. In this case, the head seams to be the focal area.

My advice with this is to file and smooth the gs as it still looks a little rough on the helmet.

From there I traveled down the length of the body, which as already said could use the belt and some bulking at the waist. The belt will help with the rear of the model where the GS meets a plain armour plate.

The loin cloth looks excellent though I must say it looks like you blended the GS well.

I do have an issue with the arms. I know your going true-scale but I think they may still be a little long. Right now it looks like when straight the will reach well below the knee. I know they're super humans, but they still follow the rough anatomy of a human and very few peoples arms reach that far past the knee. Since you've used power fists you have to remember that a small portion of the arm itself is inside the fist. If you take off a little of the forearm below the elbow, I think you should be able to quickly solve the proportion of the arms.

And as already said, the shoulder pads need to be a bit larger.

The sword looks cool, I would add a grip like the GW power weapons, with the hilt having some texture, but I wouldn't remove your spiral, I think it is a cool idea.

The only other suggestion I have is to smooth out the legs and backpack.

Oh and don't forget to clean the mold lines and drill the bolter barrel.

Hopefully this didn't discourage you. For a first attempt it is certainly better than mine. :)

Goodluck mate!

Archived