Librarian

lolita23q

Terminator Librarian

did not want it so bright blue because it would cut itself with my red blood angels so tried a darker blue

and must say that I was satisfied

sick cool modell but hard one to paint

comments and critics are appreciated!!!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c119/Vaincent/libi.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c119/Vaincent/IMG_0006-2.jpg

I like the dark blue colour, its a nice change to the squished smurf blue that is everywhere- I won't be using it either for mine.

Did you find that the left hand side of the librarian's face (which would be on your right as you're painting him) had a funny feel to it after it was undercoated? The left cheekbone on mine was terrible, I had to file it back and paint it again just so he wouldn't look like a damn leper!

Regards,

Good work. As everyone else has mentioned, the color fade on the armor is perfect. The darker color seems more appropriately librarian-y.

I think the face is just a tad to bright though. It contrasts with the armor a bit too much in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, the detail on the face is great, it's just doesn't quite fit the darker model. I think a paler flesh color with sharper contrasting shading in the face would tie it in to the rest of the model a bit more. The models in the codex are somewhat cartoony, and the face on this model seems to match that style, but you've got a more realistic, darker style, you know?

Anyway, it's a great job no matter what. Just my two cents.

Good work. As everyone else has mentioned, the color fade on the armor is perfect. The darker color seems more appropriately librarian-y.

I think the face is just a tad to bright though. It contrasts with the armor a bit too much in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, the detail on the face is great, it's just doesn't quite fit the darker model. I think a paler flesh color with sharper contrasting shading in the face would tie it in to the rest of the model a bit more. The models in the codex are somewhat cartoony, and the face on this model seems to match that style, but you've got a more realistic, darker style, you know?

I think the face is just a tad to bright though. It contrasts with the armor a bit too much in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, the detail on the face is great, it's just doesn't quite fit the darker model. I think a paler flesh color with sharper contrasting shading in the face would tie it in to the rest of the model a bit more. The models in the codex are somewhat cartoony, and the face on this model seems to match that style, but you've got a more realistic, darker style, to the armor and details, you know?

Archived