Disembarking When Arriving From Reserve

Blindman6

My question is simple: If you have a transport carrying a squad (dedicated or not), and it is in reserve and entering from a table edge, can you choose to disembark the squad just as the vehicle is at the edge and then move them onto the board normally (as if they had not been in a transport but were walking in from reserve), or do they have to enter inside the transport? If they have to enter in the transport, then they would not be able to disembark and move normally that round, or assault that round if not in an open-topped or assault transport, correct?

Thanks!

I don't have the rulebook at hand, but I am pretty sure you have to decide whether you put a squad into a vehicle or not at the beginning of the game when you declare which units you are holding in reserve. That is to determine how you roll for reserves from then on, i.e. for a Tactical squad inside a Rhino you would roll a single D6 each turn to see whether they arrive, while you would roll for the squad and the Rhino separately if you declared that the squad was not embarked. Once you have rolled successfully for them, you cannot then change that set up outside of the board. You first have them enter the game before you can do any manouvering with them (including embarking ro disembarking). If you declared that they arrive separately, they are entering the board like that (even if you roll successfully for them both in teh same turn and tehy both appear simultaneously), likewise if you declared that the squad is held in reserve inside their transport.

Legatus is correct. The you must decide if a unit in reserve is embarked or not when they are placed in reserve (aka before turn 1), this decision can not be changed. If embarked they will arive embarked though may disembark after they are on the board, but will be subject to all rules and restrictions normaly aplied to passengers.

Correct. Further explanation: as the unit's starting position is the off-the-board side of the table edge, that's where measurements are taken from. As soon as a transport moves onto the table from that position, it's already moved and thus the passengers are stuck with the normal limitations of a moving transport. You'd have to declare they are seperate in Reserves.

Archived