Barrage weapons, still guess range right?

Einholt

Hello there, reading Barrage rules in the rulebook and while it says barrage is the same as previous editions but instead of a (G) before the profile barrage replaces this. so just checking this means their still guess weapons right? the wording just struck me as very odd and nowhere apart from that does it state clearly they are a guess range weapon (unless I am blind :P )

Hello there, reading Barrage rules in the rulebook and while it says barrage is the same as previous editions but instead of a (G) before the profile barrage replaces this. so just checking this means their still guess weapons right? the wording just struck me as very odd and nowhere apart from that does it state clearly they are a guess range weapon (unless I am blind :P )
Thye are not guess range but if you have an older book that refers to guess range it means barrage :P

No more guessing. You just place the template and it scatters 2d6 minus the firer's BS. With barrage weapons you can pick a target out of LOS, but if you cannot see the target then you do not substract the BS.

Aditionaly barrage weapons force pinning tests (with -1 ld if I recal correctly), determine cover from the center of the template, and use multiple barrage rules if there are more than one barrage weapon being fired from a single unit.

Archived