Assault Squad Transports

AngryJohnny

If you take an Assault Squad and choose not to use their Jump Packs are you required to take the free Rhino or free Drop Pod? I know it seems silly, why not take a free Rhino? I'm wondering because I was thinking of doing a foot-slogger army w/Assault Squad but didn't want to use the Jump Packs. Odd, I know, but it was a thought that crossed my mind.

assault squads come standard with jump packs its not an optional upgrade? maybe your thinking about Vanguard or maybe i'm wrong.

But to answer your question, no you arent required to buy them a transport.

For Assault Squads, you can drop their standard issue Jump Packs and take a Rhino or Drop Pod for free (C:SM Pg# 139)

"Dedicated Transport: The Squad my remove its jump packs to count as infantry. It may then have a Drop Pod or Rhino for free. Note that upgrades must be bought as normal. (see page 135 for points costs)."

What I'm asking is if you remove their jump packs, are you required to take the Drop Pod or Rhino?

I personally would still keep the jump packs, your not getting a discount for not taking them. Plus you can still move as standard infantry if you feel that you want to.

I know from experience that playing a footslogging force with little or no manouverability is exceptionally hard. You may find it best to leave them with jump packs if only to add a mobile counter attacking unit.

I personally would still keep the jump packs, your not getting a discount for not taking them. Plus you can still move as standard infantry if you feel that you want to.

I know from experience that playing a footslogging force with little or no manouverability is exceptionally hard. You may find it best to leave them with jump packs if only to add a mobile counter attacking unit.

I agree. But If you want to footslog them with no junp packs then you can use the 'free' transport as cover :D.

However we're now getting into the realms of tactics :P.

Cheers

I

I agree. But If you want to footslog them with no junp packs then you can use the 'free' transport as cover :P.

However we're now getting into the realms of tactics ;).

Cheers

I

Either that or as a free kill point, or two :)

Archived