getting motivated

IcemanAAO

good evening brothers

its not like i dont enjoy painting, because i do, but sometimes i find it really hard to get up and get on with it

something else always comes up and i get distracted

ive had a couple of packs of Grey Hunters, Redeemer, Scouts, Terminators and god knows what else waiting to be painted for ages

and i was wondering if you guys have any tips for getting motivated to do it?

thanks in advance gents! and ladies!

Ice

One of my biggest motivations is browsing coolminiornot and seeing some of the work there. I know I improve with each model, and so when I see some of the people on there who are a million times better than me it makes me want to work harder and get better.

Another inspiration is talking to other painters, especially demon winners. ^_^

I made a house rule that each fully painted squad gives the army ten % of it's cost in points. Therefor a 200 point painted marine squad gives me a 1520 army instead of a 1500. It was good motivation to get some slow painters moving where i'm from and worked well for a bit.

I made a house rule that each fully painted squad gives the army ten % of it's cost in points. Therefor a 200 point painted marine squad gives me a 1520 army instead of a 1500. It was good motivation to get some slow painters moving where i'm from and worked well for a bit.

thats quite a nice touch... i like that, thats really good : )

Best tips for getting motivated and staying motivated in the long term:

• Work on one squad at a time.
  • Put other projects away
  • Finish the current squad before moving on to the next
  • Forget about the "mountain of plastic" left to paint
  • Keep a list and remember that each squad you finish is one step closer to the goal

Archived