Alpha Legion IA

Leonaides

I'm having an issue finding the old WD which has the Alpha Legion IA in it? My stuff's been "re-organised" and now I find myself needing to reference something in it as part of a discussion about whether or not the BA legion existed before Sang was found... Anyone here happen to know?

274, 275, 276, 278... Damnit! Its gone walkies. Ok, i'll have to ask for more help here then- having a discussion about what the ba's were called prior to sang's discovery, but i dont think that there necessarily were any ba's till then. Other side are saying that there must have been because all 20 legions were present at the start of the crusade. Off the top of my head i seem to recall the alpha's being significantly younger than the other legions, which would disprove his idea about all 20 legions existing at the start of the crusade. Am i remembering right? A direct quote would be great if anyone could help...

These might be what you're looking for:

According to Kravin's claim, towards the end of the Great Crusade,
Alpharius was quickly sent to take command of his legion, while the Emperor had many pressing affairs of state. The Alpha Legion, as it was now named, was the last of the Adeptus Astartes Legions to be created. With astounding prescience, the Emperor had ordered their founding just a few decades before.

However, as always with the IA Alpha Legion article, please bear in mind the following:

Kravin has estimated the veracity of this journal at 62.6%, but has so far refused to produce it for independent examination.

Yes but the Blood Angels are only the 9th legion so they pretty certainly existed prior to Sangy's discovery as Horus was the first primarch to be discovered and the Luna Wolves were the 16th legion meaning that they were founded well after the BA ergo the BA already existed when Horus got his legion (which was soon after his discovery and implied to be before any other primarchs were discovered) ergo the BA existed prior to the finding of Sangy.

Who said they were created in number order? Maybe if the emperor knew 'ish' that he might be finding a particular Primarch soon he would order the creation of the respective legion? Or know that he would find suitable recruits with the Primarch...

Anyhow, thanks for the reference WarpWhisper.

For your interest (i Know how you dribbling chaos-types love dissent in the loyalist ranks):

Original Thread

and

Did all the legions exist at the beginning of the Great Crusade?

Lest all have a big cross-forum keg party about it shall we?

Archived