sKP's Art

sKP

Ok, well if some of you remember i did some art quite a while ago, i did a helmet, i was using a mouse while doing that piece

But now i've finally bought my self a Graphics Tablet :D

This style is kinda my own.. haven't really seen anyone do this style as such.. not that i know of anyways... i mean its a unique style, and i havent got huge amount of experience using a tablet.. but each day im improving.. so ill get better soon or later.. i hope :D

But yeah C&C wanted.. :D

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/9853/spacemarine1.jpg

This is photoshop right? Nice work.

I think the thing that screams out to me is that it is very 2d. The legs for example come across as flat rather then cylinders which is what they are. The way you have coloured it can't change that as its down to the shapes themselves. They are also kinda thin.

His right hand (my right) doesn't 'cradle' the bolter, it just stops behind it.

If you are using photoshop the shift button can help you draw straight lines. (you draw a dot say, then hold down shift and place another dot and voila straight lines.) This may help with the bolter or other hard angular inorganic shapes, like a sword.

Cheers.

not bad for a start, but some improvement won't hurt ^_^

first of, start from a stickman shape (there are some really good tutorials on Deviant-Art for those) and then start adding volume and autonomy, it will give the marine better proportions

as Yogi said, shift is a godsend in PS, partically for weapons and machines

also, a running pose may feel appealing, but when you start, try a more neutral pose and when you get more adept at drawing you can try a bit more exotic posses (don't bite of more then you can chew, right?)

all in all, if you work a bit on your autonomy, your drawings will become a lot better. and try to give it some time, all begining is hard (i'm trying to draw mechs for over a month now, and it still doesn't go well :ermm: )

best of luck!

Thanks guys, i will def take these critiques in! ill have a snoop around online and check some tutorials, yeah his left hand i completely forgot about, ill get back to that. :P

Archived