Army Advice needed

gmurie

Have a look over here at my army on Chest of Colors: http://www.chestofcolors.com/forum/viewtop...=109633#p109633

If you'll scroll down you'll see thirty mostly painted chaos warriors. What I've got so far is:

Sorcerer with Mark of Tzeench (Wanted the long range meltagun spell thingy)

A: Squad of ten with a Champ with Mark of Slaanesh, Power Sword, and Combi-Plasma, one marine with icon undivided, and two marines with melta guns.

B: Squad of ten with a champ with power fist, one marine with icon, one with autocannon, and one with plasma gun.

C: Squad of ten with a champ with power fist, one marine with icon, one with missile launcher, and one with plasma gun.

I'll have rhinos for each of those squads.

I have the six Obliterator cult, which were the seed from which the whole project has sprung. I'm also going to convert a Defiler to have two CCWs modeled to look like construction equipment. Probably a big drill and a saw.

Finally, I have the new Deamon Prince kit, and I need some advice about that one. I know from reading these forums that Wings seem to be an auto-include, but can he be fielded (and more importantly sold on eBay for a decent price) if he's got no wings. As a painter and modeler I like the back banners for this model a lot more than I like the wings. But I might play a few games with this army, and I rather like winning too.

Also, I just cobbled the Sorcerer together out of bits without any thought about how to use him other than I didn't want to have two of the same model (Princes) in the army. Should I use him?

NOTE: I don't have the codex or rules. I just borrowed a codex to get a general outline of how I wanted this project to go. Every once in a while I'll paint an army as a means of forcing myself to improve as a painter.

You seem to be no stranger to putty, so why not meet it half way? Why not use some wire and sculpt on some vestigial bat-bone wings? No musculature, just the bony skeletal framework? It gives you the freedom to include the spiky bitz, and also can be counted as wings...daemonic after all.

As for your other Sorc (if i'm reading correctly) you could certainly use him as a Chaos Lord, perhaps with MoT, or Undivided as you see fit. Most people are fairly lenient about their godly designation when it comes to models that come across as 'Lords'.

You seem to be no stranger to putty, so why not meet it half way? Why not use some wire and sculpt on some vestigial bat-bone wings? No musculature, just the bony skeletal framework? It gives you the freedom to include the spiky bitz, and also can be counted as wings...daemonic after all.

As for your other Sorc (if i'm reading correctly) you could certainly use him as a Chaos Lord, perhaps with MoT, or Undivided as you see fit. Most people are fairly lenient about their godly designation when it comes to models that come across as 'Lords'.

So what you're saying is, "Yes, if you like winning attach wings to it you noob!"

Dang, it's not like I wanted to undertake all that extra work.

As to the sorcerer, I'm fine with him as a sorcerer of Tzeench, but I have three squads of ten guys in rhinos, a defiler, a demon prince, and six oblits.

Can he just wander the battlefield on foot? I figured that with Warptime and Bolt of Change he'd be a good thing to have with the game's apparent emphasis on tanks and melta weapons.

Archived