Ramshackle rule and surrounding

Ookami_81

I argued yesterday with a fellow ork player when I circle around a truk with bikes and pop it in order to let the green things burn alive inside (promethium sparing, you see :P ).

He told me this trick didn't work on truks because of the ramshackle special rule allowing the truk to move before bursting.

I told him "yes, of course, but your truk cannot move because it's surrounded by bikes so you're (hem, your boyz) toasted !" He told me than in its codex the only thing that could prevent the truk to move was a terrain obtacle, and nothing was said on "not moving because of enemy units in the way". But the BRB says that you can neither roll over enemy units, neither come closer than 1" of them without assaulting.

We finally roll a dice that told me I was right. But what do you think ?

How does this work in either case (truk wrecked on a 4 dam. result / truk exploding on a 5/6 dam. result) ?

I argued yesterday with a fellow ork player when I circle around a truk with bikes and pop it in order to let the green things burn alive inside (promethium sparing, you see :P ).

He told me this trick didn't work on truks because of the ramshackle special rule allowing the truk to move before bursting.

I told him "yes, of course, but your truk cannot move because it's surrounded by bikes so you're (hem, your boyz) toasted !" He told me than in its codex the only thing that could prevent the truk to move was a terrain obtacle, and nothing was said on "not moving because of enemy units in the way". But the BRB says that you can neither roll over enemy units, neither come closer than 1" of them without assaulting.

We finally roll a dice that told me I was right. But what do you think ?

How does this work in either case (truk wrecked on a 4 dam. result / truk exploding on a 5/6 dam. result) ?

It says right there in the entry for "Kareen!", page 41 of the Ork book:-

'If the trukk would careen into enemy models or terrain, stop it 1" away'

Then "surviving passengers must disembark" as per the brb. If they cannot, they emergency disembark as per the brb. If they cannot, they are destroyed.

You were correct.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply, Mowglie ! :P

I was pretty sure to be right because that's what how we read it with my best friend and my wife, both ork players.

But I wanted to be 100 % sure. (you cen never tell with FAQs and all that without reading it all).

An english written codex quote is the best answer I could ever hope.

Archived