Black templar standard

Pizzasemmel

Hey guys,

after 3 long months i finally finished my internship. So maybe i will finally get to finish a few projects here ;)

But since it seems i can't get enough of reallife artifacts, i first have to start a new one. This time: the black templar company banner (yes i am aware of the fact that there are no companies within the BTs and that are usualy only crusade banners, but maybe it's just some kind of personal heraldry i don't know)

In my ingenious forsight i started designing one without having the slightest insight in sewing ( actually i have a bit but my only memory about it was that i hate it xD)

It will be aporx. 1.5x0.7m, i have no idea how many hands feet and fingers this is in the prehistoric measurement system ;)

As a basic cloth i chose natural linen instead of bannercloth, since i kinda like the idea of the BT being all puristic and monk like (wearing linen and ash upon your head...)

And now to my problem.

i have a few shapes (the eagle and the shield, the cross) that can be sawn on but the text for example would turn even me insane, so i will have to use a combination of applications and textil colour...if you have any experience with this kind of stuff let me know :)

C&C is welcome and its not even too late to change things ;)

FYI: the text running around says, in crappy latin: And even if the world comes tumbling down, he will stand secure against it and thank the god-Emperor (god it sounds awefull to translate qutations )

gallery_49861_4187_161526.jpg

Looking good!

I was lucky when I designed a tablecloth that looked like an Altar Cloth, for placing over our Battle Table when not in use: My Mum! ;)

It is no where near as intricate as yours and was done with all sections cut from cloth and sewn on to the main piece.

While I know nothing of this Dark Art, I can see if my mum is interested in passing on some tips picked up from a lifetime of mending my ripped jeans, making my silly designs, and occasionally doing something for herself! :)

Look GREAT man, show the heretic and the xenos no pity!!!

I for sure won't! :)

It is no where near as intricate as yours and was done with all sections cut from cloth and sewn on to the main piece.

Well, that's what i was up to the past day or so too...sewing many small pieces onto a slowly growing masterpiece :cuss

Wicked design! I love ambitious projects like this.

On the text front, I've had some success with fabric paints in the past. Might be worth looking into/doing a test run.

What i did now was to use Edding 8040, some kind of Textil marker. works pretty well i guess - allthough i only used it for the text thus far

So here we are, ~50% finished. i'm not realy convinced this far, but i hope i will like it better when its finished ^^

gallery_49861_4187_26417.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Small update :P

I just got 3 of my wisodm teeth extracted so i got a little bit of freetime (can't enjoy realy but you have to take what you can right? :D)

I would like be much further already but i twice screwed up my shopping so i still don't have the right material....meh

You'll notive that i changed the banner at the bottom, the design just didn't flow

enjoy :)

gallery_49861_4187_72554.jpg

Archived