Chapter master converion

hey guys

well for all of you space marine fans i bet you have heard this topic a million time everywere, but i need your help! i have spent over $300 on 7 or more chapter masters models and they all have turned out like crap.

if you could give some tips (like which sents to buy) or maybe even some pics of your or someone elses Chapter master that would be great!

p.s

chapter master is in terminator armour.

Please Elaborate, Battle-Cousin

1] What Chapter do you play? (if i go by your current avatar you play Raven Guard. Forge World Released a set of Raven Guard Bitz Packs. also they have released a set of iron armour marines. due to the RG having to use old armour this could create some flavourful marine characters

Thirst

if i go by your current avatar you play Raven Guard

you mean black templar ?

wath are you searching? wath are your painting skills? your modeling skills? I think we need more detail.

the chapter master box is always a good start­.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1060070

it's for my custom chapter army

can you still elaborate more?

what chapter are they from?

home world? culture? feeling of the army? you must help us if you want us to help you :lol:

I made my chapter master from the kneeling legs in the command squad box, a front and back from the command squad box, the regular backpack from the assault squad box, the power axe from the assault squad, a boltgun and arm from the command squad, a melta bomb, and some spare purity seals and parchments. I will put pictures on when I remember to take a picture. I am currently working on a tech chapters chapter master. I tend to just grab some parts, stick them in a good position, replace any bad looking ones, and whala, instant character. What are his upgrades and what is your chapters theme(do you have an IA article?).

Being as I love character conversions...chapter masters, captains and librarians are my personal favorites (sorry chaplain fans) I can point you to my Chapter Master conversion and a Captain conversion that I currently use. conversions like this are very easy and require a limited selection of materials (basic kits, some plasticard, and a touch of greenstuff really).

just examples from me...but you did ask for examples after all...

As has been stated previously, we really need more information in order to help you the best that we can. We need to know what it is you are looking to do, what you have done, what you were unhappy with in what you had done previously, etc. Coming in and just saying "Help, it sucks!" doesn't tell us enough to really be effective. Please elaborate a bit and you will be overwhelmed with helpful advice.

sorry if i was not clear enought on my chapter

well to start off they are boltgun metal with a trim of red gore, there home world is in the halo stars ( on the very edge) they exsell with eilte tip troops (vanguard, strenguard, terminators etc). they are also skilled artificers.

for the actually chapter master himself, his name is Furious, he has been chapter master for over 200 years and his service record going back another 150 years. he is a Zealus leader and a stren commander. he wears terminator armour and he carries a force nemeis sword.

let me know if that not enought info

sorry if i was not clear enought on my chapter

well to start off they are boltgun metal with a trim of red gore, there home world is in the halo stars ( on the very edge) they exsell with eilte tip troops (vanguard, strenguard, terminators etc). they are also skilled artificers.

for the actually chapter master himself, his name is Furious, he has been chapter master for over 200 years and his service record going back another 150 years. he is a Zealus leader and a stren commander. he wears terminator armour and he carries a force nemeis sword.

let me know if that not enought info

Ok, that issue is more helpful.

It would also help to know what your conversion abilities are like? Your you really handy with green stuff? Have you used it a bit but need some tips or have you never touched it before?

Personally I would go out and buy a plastic terminator box. It will require more work to make him look like a chapter master but then he will really be unique. There are also enough bits there to give you a lot of choices of pose and other things.

Do you have an idea of a chapter symbol? They are good to put on there but that depends how hard it is to sculpt. Also whats your bits box like? Do you have a good supply of chain, purity seals and stuff.

Also whats the other weapon he has? A storm bolter? Combi-weapon? Storm shield?

I will assume you have a digital camera.... I find the best way to start it to choose on a pose (before having even looked at the bits available). Now check that pose is humanly possible and comfortable. The best way to do this is to stand that way yourself. Id advise something that has a little movement or looks particularly striking. Now take a photo of yourself (or get someone else to if you dont have a timer on your camera). Then print it off. This should be your reference for everything. Having this reference is the most important thing in my mind as it allows you to compare it.

Im currently working on a lot of terminators at the moment for a 1st company army. You can see them >HERE< . Hopefully you think that they have a natural looking pose all of them with a sense of movement (well except for one who looks like he has a purpose). This is what having a good reference allows you to do. And all these have been done using just the standard terminator box set, some bits, plasticard and green stuff.

I hope that helps a bit.

Even though the above model is damn old, he's still one of my favourite models ever designed.

Even a change to the right shoulder pad to something more elaborate would increase his coolness tenfold (personally I'd just swap the right arm out for the terminator chaplain's right arm with the belt-fed storm bolter and add something fancy to his mantle) exactly why I'm converting that chap into a Terminator Master of the Apothecarion.

Essentially your ability to convert a Chapter Master into something elaborate depends on how much work you are willing to put in. The conversions I'm doing right now involve a lot of bits from different places, using base plastic terminators and building up from there for the most part. If you look on page two of the link posted by Koran, you'll notice that he achieves a spectacular model without substantially changing it.

To derive a different and individual model, you really have to think about a model long before you make it. I generally spend a few days sketching and writing just so I have an idea of what I'll do before I even pick up a scalpel.

Regards,

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived