WIP flesh tearers

Cpt. Cortez

Long time since i posted here!! But where better to show my power armour off?... Let me apologise in advance for the pic quality, it makes the paint look thick and blotchy, and takes some of the richness out of the colour... damn iphone!! (camera went the way of the dodo!!)

These are still WIP need bashing up and weathering, but have at them!!

Kitbash seth... working on a new and improved version!

gallery_27468_5232_671578.jpg

Libby dread

gallery_27468_5232_394697.jpg

gallery_27468_5232_118619.jpg

Tac sqd sgt (yes im playing a tac sqd in BA)

gallery_27468_5232_585111.jpg

Tac sqd and rhino (rhino WIP)

gallery_27468_5232_582025.jpg

Sang guard WIP... going dark and gritty with these guys

gallery_27468_5232_406461.jpg

Chaplain, looks dusty... hes not lol

gallery_27468_5232_635794.jpg

WIP rhino... needs bashing up, weathering, and free hand finishing

gallery_27468_5232_632260.jpg

gallery_27468_5232_626341.jpg

DC dread with blood talons ( chainfists for extra flesh tearer rippyness!!!)

gallery_27468_5232_847921.jpg

WIP Dante counts as... prob wont use him, but kitbashing all the BA chars (just in case!!)

gallery_27468_5232_693543.jpg

And finally, my WIP seth, not the head im using... just ordered the chaos termie lord head i used on other seth... what do you think of blood reaver?

gallery_27468_5232_545338.jpg

gallery_27468_5232_450512.jpg

Right, i understand these are never going to win competitions or compare to some of you GODS of painting/modelling out there, but i think they are at least good enough for table top... have at them folks!

Thanks for looking!!

Liam

hmmm. i messed up good style there... not quite thhe same as dakka lol... *edit* sorted it lol

these look very nice! I like the new Seth, blood reaver looks nice but I'm glad to hear you're getting another Chaos Lord head, it's awesome! Also the movement on the dreads is very good, especially the DC one, and I like the verdigris effect on the Sang Guard.

I'd agree more weathering would be helpful, know you said you're doing more on the tanks but will you weather the troops more too? To my mind the Flesh Tearers don't spend much time maintaining their stuff! Edit: D'oh, just re-read your last post, ignore me! ;)

The patina on the Sanguinary Guard is one of the best ideas I have seen, especially for Flesh Tearers. You have made it very realistic as well. I will be following this with interest. The rest of your work is impressive too. My only nit pick is that your original Seth's Chainsword looks a little misaligned, his head and skin is perfect though.

Thanks for all the great comments! really pushes me along! I agree FTs should be very weathered and damaged.!!.. comes with the job of being a flesh tearer i suppose!!

As for seth, the original is let down by the chainsword... dont ask me how or why, i never noticed how damaged the blade was before painting. Alot of my inquisitor stuff was like that for some reason. Thats why i chose to make another, seriously though, does the new blood reaver look daft? any suggestions?

Again, cheers guys! true gents all of you!!

Liam

Very impressive FT there. I love the richness of the red armour, and the weathering gives the final finishing touch really well.

Both of the dreadnoughts look fantastic, especially the Librarian one.

As for the blood reaver, it looks choppy enough to be giving str.8 attacks and is a very good and unique take on the original. I quite like the stubbyness of the blade. It lends more weight to it than the longer, thinner one that the stock mini has :P.

cheers

James

Thanks a million! Im glad blood reaver has got good crit! I like the more brutal look, compared to the slender look of the stock GW model... it means alot having good comments of you godly lot!!

Im sorry for slow updates, a combination of being on call, dislocated thumb, bank holiday weekend and paints in the post havent helped!! lol

cheers again!!

Liam

LOL, yea packs will be on when ive finished painting the model... i hate painting assault type troops with their packs on so leave them off and paint them seperately...

Im thinking of starting a new paint line up, assembling my marines without heads, packs and shoulder pads. airbrushing the main body and paint the detail, then undercoat and paint the black parts seperately. does anyone do this? And do you find you loose pieces?

Also, ive never used an airbrush before, but ive heard to buy a good branded one from the off. Can anyone suggest a good standard airbrush and compressor for a new airbrusher :P?? Ive heard gravity fed double action is the best, is this true?

BTW seths head came, he is now primed, based and ready for a lick of paint!!

Liam

Archived