Two dedicated transports for one unit

mango00cool

Just wondering can one unit take two dedicated tranports. The idea would be to take a rhino or razor along with a drop pod equipped with deathwind. Depending on what army you are facing then you decide to place the unit within whichever transport is best suited. If you place the unit within either tank then plonk the dp on an objective to contest or place elsewhere where it provides good cover. If the other way around then use tank to transport something else all be it a turn later and in the case of a razorback use it as a weapons platform.

My reasoning is this. Under tactical marine entry for dedicated transports it says may select one or the other for the tanks. But it also says if numbered ten then a drop pod can be taken. No where stating that it is rhino or razorback or drop pod.

If you look at the entry for a command squad you can see how it is worded differently which would dissallow picking the two transports.

My initial idea was for a sternguard to do it, again deciding which would be better or even perhaps land, do there thing and then hopefully wisk away in a tank.

The question remains though however silly it may be,

1 can you take two transports for one unit?

2 or failing that, atleast for ten man tactical squad

try not to be overly harsh, cheers

Yeah they are all presented as this or that with the exception of the tactical marine entry.

Technically there is no "or" option for the drop pod.

It says may take rhino or razorback. And then if its a full squad may take a drop pod. With no "or" there.

Yes all reasoning would say you can only have one transport but for this one unit if one wanted to do it, technically it might be able to get away with it.

I would consider myself to be very fair at most things, I could see arguments yes until you point out the rules. From the sportsmanship side its not unsporty, you pay for the unit with the points, in all likely hood if its kill points your giving away a free point. Story wise you could describe it simply as either the drop pod being sent down to cover a particularly strategic area or to scout ahead of a main force or to provide cover in a sparse area. Or if the pod is full then they were sent to secure a line whilst there mobilely is to reach them at a designated time to move them on or get them out of there whatever the case may be. It is a daft think I admit i've come up with but its not unsporty..

Would be great if you could do it with Sternguard which was my original plan till I read there entry properly

Also, most of the dedicated entries specify that a "units have the option of selecting a dedicated transport vehicle." It's pretty clear the wording was meant to be singular.

Also, from a game balance perspective, I don't think anyone wants to contemplate how ridiculous razorback spam would get if the one transport per unit restriction was removed.

Archived