WIP Pre-Heresy Jetbike

Lestat

Howdy folks,

It's a Bank Holiday here in the UK and being the end of the month (we don't get paid until Tuesday) I am relatively skint.

So I decided to break open my bitz box and see what I could come up with. After finding most of a SM bike in there and some Sanguinary Guard bitz, an idea occurred to me - build a Jetbike!

Here's some WIP shots - let me know what you think. The engine parts are only tacked in at the moment. I think they look prety good how they are set up. I intend to extend the prow and add some SG wings to give it a Custodes look.

gallery_36289_5233_1905400.jpg

gallery_36289_5233_1261844.jpg

gallery_36289_5233_68189.jpg

Any C&C is greatly appreciated!

Looks brilliant so far man, really diggin the engine, although something is definately needed on the front

Thanks! I am working on the front end - just trying out different ideas to see what looks and feels right. I like the idea of a long, extended front end with vents/air-scoops facing forward.

Not doing a Legion as such - just a one-off conversion. It will end up being a Custodes bike. I'm using the Collected Visions book as reference material for ideas and such.

Just a quick update. I set to work fitting the exhausts last night and spent some time trying to get them to flow together with epoxie sculpt. I don't think they look too bad - need going over with some abrasive paper and files to get the engine parts smooth.

I've also just noticed one or two minor mistakes - but it's a bit late now to rip it apart in order to correct them!

gallery_36289_5233_105061.jpg

gallery_36289_5233_1021659.jpg

gallery_36289_5233_859939.jpg

I've left a reply in your thread over on IBH :tu:

thanks

James

Thanks James,

Thats a great idea you've given me there. Just got to dig out my old Imperial Cruisers and see what I can come up with!

After some input from James, I dug out my BFG fleet and found a cruiser that had been undercoated - the perfect donor vehicle for a prow!

The front end and wings are just tacked together at the moment. I think I could use a larger Eagles head at the front end - The one on the ships prow looks a tad too small compared to the wings. I think the Commanders backpack has a couple of Eagles heads that would fit the "bill" (sorry, bad pun - I know Eagles have beaks!)

gallery_36289_5233_412826.jpg

gallery_36289_5233_392790.jpg

I am thinking about fitting the air intakes under the wings facing forward. The vents I have left over from the Marine jump-pack should work here.

gallery_36289_5233_678931.jpg

Any C&C is appreciated!

Looks very Judge Dredd -ish but the front sticks out too far. Shorten up the front so the wings come back over the boots of the rider. The intake should be small enough even if you shorten it up.

I can see where you are coming from - it does look a bit Dread-cycle. I have actually moved the prow back by about half an inch and the wings do flow better.

Thanks for the input!

Archived