Lashwhips

Jakobus

Yes I know this is not a PA question, but it is somethign I am trying to understand using PA against bugs.

I don't have a Tyranid codex to hand.. or own one so this is mainly off memory. The Lash Whip reduces everyone in base-to-base contact to initiative 1.

So if seeing Mr Tyrant with lashwhip there and I am able to get the enough guys around the Tyrant so that the Powerweapon(s) are within 2" of at least 1 model in base contact with enemy models am I able to strike at normal initiative?

"Any enemy model that is in base contact with Tyranid with one or more lash whips counts their Initiative value as 1..."

I believe you may have answered your own question :). In short, yes, those that are not in base contact but within 2" to strike at it do not count their Initiative as 1.

He's a Blood Angel, he charges at I5. (with a Sanguinary priest anyways)

And it actually CAN be done as presented. The trick is maneuvering your models so that the closest model to the Tyrant is not a power weapon wielder. Remember, the closest model in the unit must move the shortest distance possible to contact a model from the enemy unit FIRST, and then all others may move in whatever order they like, excepting ICs who must move as soon as possible after the closest-to-closest model restriction is completed.

Once that closest-to-closest is done, move as many of you models as you can to the max 6" movement, one at a time, until you've surrounded the Tyrant model, if possible. THEN move your power weapons into the scrum as part of the second "layer." Viola! No power weapons in BTB, and they'll strike at the same time as the Tyrant, if they're Blood Angels. (with a Sanguinary Priest)

Too bad the Tyrant will probably have Guards and a Prime, also equipped with Lashwhips -- sure, it's easy to surround a single 60mm base with Marines so a PW will strike normally, but a 60mm + 3 or 4 40mm bases nearby? Good luck, pal.

Not that the Tyrant will really be panicking over a single I5 PW, even if you strike with S6.

Yeah, this was more a question after playing someone in the local league that wasn't... overly clear when explaining the special rules of the bugs. And I was just reviewing what I learnt when I realised that was actually the first time I play against Bugs since the new codex, and I don't know I played against them before that since 3rd Ed.

I have come to the conclusion that I dislike things with the word Lash in their name

He's a Blood Angel, he charges at I5. (with a Sanguinary priest anyways)

And it actually CAN be done as presented. The trick is maneuvering your models so that the closest model to the Tyrant is not a power weapon wielder. Remember, the closest model in the unit must move the shortest distance possible to contact a model from the enemy unit FIRST, and then all others may move in whatever order they like, excepting ICs who must move as soon as possible after the closest-to-closest model restriction is completed.

There is nothing in the rules requiring ICs to move as soon as possible. That rule only applies when charged, not when charging.

Archived