Greater Daemon HQs and other related recipes

Sangneur

I've been thinking about this for a while and decided that I can't see a pro'lem with this. In the black templar book, the Emperor's Champion does not occupy a slot on the force org. chart, yet can be used to fulfill the requirement of an HQ choice. Similarly, the greater Daemon option in our book doesn't occupy a choice.

I've not seen a single list using a Greater daemon as the sole HQ choice, I'm wondering then, is it legal to use one as your HQ choice in the army? It was during the last codex, so I don't think it's too much a stretch fluffwise, and if in the Black Templar's codex it's allowed, why not in ours?

What do you guys think?

I've not seen a single list using a Greater daemon as the sole HQ choice
For the purpose of this discussion. C:CSM page 89 & 102.

They exist outside of the force organisation chart and are chosen in addition to your normal minimums and maximums, as outlined the section at the back of the army list

Your army may include a single Greater Daemon. This model does not use up any force organisation chart selection but is otherwise treated as a HQ unit.

Ah, I didn't recall that second quote, thanks! Although the fact that it doesn't use a selection doesn't change the Black Templar's ability to use them as an HQ (reference in the errata).

(Insert obligatory codex: Chaos Space Marine rage)

Archived