DarKHazzl3 and The Deathwatch

DarKHaZZ13

Hey guys, I've been out of the loop for a while, used to lurk and post a fair bit a couple of years ago...

started Uni and kinda stopped building and paiting for a while...

Anyway, I thought I'd Hit you up with what I've been upto, which in this case is My Deathwatch task force.

so yeah, head over to My Blog to check it out

heres a little sneak peak of whats lurking around in there;

One of my ten DWKT tactical/sterguard marines Brother Joseph Merryweather of the Salamanders (WIP - Painting)

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/809/dw9m.jpg

And my refreshing take on a Deathwatch techmarine;

Brother Techmarine lebend bauen of the Iron Hands Chapter (WIP - finishing touches)

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4309/dwtech.jpg

Obviously Comments, compliments and criticism are always welcome, especially as most models are still WIP, also any ideas to throw into the pot as for futher units, intresting conversion etc please feel free

and please, if you want to suggest a name/chapter for one of the deathwatch marines who currently are nameless, please, feel free to do so...just as long as it fits in with the feel and charecter of the mini yeah?

so yeah head over and see what else is going down in Q-Town.

cheers guys

x

I recently bought that particular sternguard due to his inherent badassery, but you've managed to make him look even more badass with that hammer, good job man!

Ditto, I would love to know how it was done, as it'd look SO badass in one of my armies ;)

Well done on the Techmartine, but methinks he looks a little like a Dark Angel with a few Servo-Arms. I would have taken a Techmarine with a loose left arm, so I could add the Deathwatch shoulder pad and a new arm. But that's just me XD

Arenis

I agree, he does look farrr too DarkAngels like. I have a remedy for this. paint ;) he'll have a dark red robe fitting of a servent of mars, a few servo skulls and a forge world tech servitor, and hopefully his DA-ness will ebb away. We'll have tos ee.

the thunder hammer coversion is really simple. grab a saw and hack off the power fist, glue/pin on a metal thunder hammer (you can get it from the bitz things on the GW website) and ta-da ;)...it will be wreathed in flames...well...[ainted with flame details, to add to the salamder fireborn awesomeness.

slow progress at the moment. waiting for an order or DW shoulder pads to finish off the Vanguard, then the green stuffing can commence.

I also want a Ordos Xenos Vindicare Assasin. I'm thinking a Death Watch scout will be a good count-as model

Guys are looking great DarkHazz, if you want the Techmarine/Iron Hand to look lees Dark Angely then I would suggest adding some cables/plugs made from Guitar String (acoustic A string should do fine) like the GW Techmarine has over his tabard thingy and whatnot

read this earlier today befor ethe matinence, noted, and implemented...i think he looks dandy now.

just GS'ing it up abit, and doing some sculpting on the libby. pics as and when they are finished plus a new member to the team =]

Hey Guys I updated the Blog Check it out HERE!

However I'll give you the highlights for those who can't be botherd to look.

I've been scuplting the tabbard on my librarian, but as I'm not the best at sculpting I'm doing it in parts...so far I've got between 1/4th & 1/3rd of it done....pics when it is finished

I did that and since My computer has been otherwise occupied (downloading the FFXIV beta) I got cracking with some more DW stuff.

I finished the drop pod and made Deathwatch objective markers!

Pics off all of it in the link to the blog but heres a preview!

gallery_33843_5243_412517.jpg

as usual comments and criticism are welcome,

and if you want to suggest a chapter/name for one of the nameless deathwatch please feel free.

thanks guys

+edit+

Its a Deathwatch objective marker! I known its a necron thing, but its spacemarine/inquisition related! please don't kill it =]

Deathwatch? More like "Suckwatch" AMIRITE?

Seriously though Haz These are looking pretty darn sweet and I look forward to seeing what you do with a dreadnought!

I also look forward to beating you with my orks! If I ever finish em!

Good luck with the Librarians tabbard!

Sorry about the lack of update. I lost my own post for a while.

Regardless, progress has been, almost none existant. the tabard remains unfinished, and until I get me some more terminator bits and dreadnaught bitz the conversions and kit bash squads are going to have to sit on the back burner.

However, I did mamange to finish my new addition to the army. check him out.

gallery_33843_5243_916.jpg

Veteran Brother *Insert* or *chapter unkown* ( not all scouts are initiates :lol:)

Seeing as its only him, he's going to count as a vindicare assasin for now...at least untill he gets some boys to run around with.Seeing as no new models are coming to my deathwatch army for a while, I'm gonna finish the libby, spray him and get some paiting done.

as for conversions, head over to my blog or my new Grey Knight WIP post to see what I'm upto :D

cheers for reading and looking guys

C&C&C are welcome, as well as the whole 'name that space marine' all will be considerd and the most fitting will be chosen (and their decal painted onto the shoulder pad)

and belive it when I say the Deathwatch will return to this space, when they are ready :D

augustmainfesto - I started to paint them ages ago...was just getting base colours down at the time, so I stopped when I decided I wanted to do more models. They will get lots of highlights, don't worry ;)

Battle-Brother Ludovic - The only scout bit on there is the head. Its made from catachan heavy weapon legs, cadian shick trooper body, and the cadian command squad sniper rifle. add a little green stuff (i wanted to mkae his shoulders broader, so I left a small gap and filled it in) and voila! His base was made from to rocks that come in the WFB high elf mage plastic set.

I had alot of spare bitz :o

I'll get to work today on the Librarian I think...thats if I can tear myself away from the grey knights lol

Cheer for looking and as usual any more input welcome. If anyone has a name that would fit the charecter of of the unamed marines please feel free to suggest one, along with a chapter for them to belong to, and possibly a company to go with it.

+ addendum: It turns out the lure of the grey knights was too much :D, however I ran out of bitz, so the librarian might get a look in tomorrow, seeing as im not going away for the weekend anymore

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo boys and gurls

I firstly I apologise for the lack of updates.

I still have no bitz

I'm still building Grey Knights

and imperial guard

I bough Halo Reach

I ran out of black spray

and I go back to uni tomorrow and havn't finished packing....mainly cus I'm on here typing this!!

anyways enough about the busy life of DH

update time

Remember that Deathwatch librarian?

Yeah I got to green stuffing...my step by step method went out the window (3 days work) and was replaced with a new methiond...which looks better, and was only 3 hours work (SCORE)

anyways...the pics to prove:

Side view

gallery_33843_5243_21822.jpg

Other side view with GS tabbard

gallery_33843_5243_23395.jpg

and just the tabbard itself

gallery_33843_5243_6438.jpg

as you cans ee the tabbard is almost done.

I say almost, as I have to cxover the knee joint onhis left leg, as its different to the right leg...and just making the tabbard bigger is easier than scuplting a new knee lol

also the psychic power was upgraded in progressness....I finally decided on the firebird kind of idea so a flmaing raven is the concept atm (Blood ravens)

Need to scuplt the head (or find one to steal)

sculpt the feathers

and then set fire to it! not literally of course...:)

anyways

thats all i've got for this update, and it might be a while before i do anothe rupdate (uni and what not)

So keep your eyes peeled!

and in the meantime

Comments. criticism. advice. please.

always welcome

as well as any chapter/name suggestions for any of my deathwatch marines that are currently annon.

thanks for looking my fellow xenos hunting commrades.

ps. if you want to check out the deathwatch blog...and see the army unfold, point your auspex over here!!

or

If you'd prefer to fight the denzines of the warp, check out my Grey Knights block over this wise.

ta again =]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey guys. it is finally the weekend. and I am home.

my models will be taking the journey back to keele with me so I can get some more updates for you guys.

Looking forward to finishing up these guys, and adding some new stuff to it all.

I Apologise to anyone whos been following this and is annoyed by the lack of updates.

ps. thanks for all the advice and feedback in abscence of progress. it is all greatly appriciated. =]

DH

Archived