True Scale Kill-Team: Scout

BurningQuestion

Hello all,

After looking at some of he amazing true scale marines on the forum I'm toying with the idea of creating a true-scale marine kill team of around 6-10 minis. I think I've all the bits but I can't seem to find anything about bulking up the weapons. it may be out there and i'm too stupid to see it...

I know it may not be necessary but I've mocked up a few of the larger weapons below. I was trying to go for bulkier rather than bigger though I not sure if I managed it. These will give me a bit more of an idea of sizes. The extended bolter will give me a bit more flexibility on how to fit the arms on minis holding it in both hands.

I'm working on the special weapons next so any comment and criticism on these guys is most welcome

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu145/Pyre-Studios/True%20Scale/Bolters.jpg

Best

BQ

Many thanks Carnosaur! This is exactly the type of comments I'm hoping to get.

I've added about a half-inch to his midsection and roughed in the first pass of GS. Tomorrow I'll file it down a bit and finish it up. The backs of the calves need a bit of smoothing out and I'll add in the straps, The channels for which I pressed in with the back of a chainsword. This may all turn out to be beyond my GS ability but nothing ventured ...

I'll also need to figure out what to do with is back. The plan was to use the back torso from the vehicle acc' sprue and add a small "battery pack" but now there's this big ol' gap there. It'll need some thought.

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu145/Pyre-Studios/True%20Scale/ScoutGS.jpg

BQ

Hey man these look good. Carnosaur is right that it looks much better now with the bulked up torso.

However, I think bulking up the weapons may have the effect of diminishing the marine. The weapon is the only size reference piece on a true scale marine, and bulking that up as well may make it look like a regular marine, especially if there's no Berry shot next to another, regular, marine.

Sorry, that was kind of convoluted.

Basically:

Regular Marine + Regular Weapon = Regular Marine

True Scale Marine + Regular Weapon = True Scale Marine

True Scale Marine + Bulked Up Weapon = Looks like a Regular Marine

Anyway, looking good so far. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Archived