Pre Heresy Iron Warriors

Guess what came in the post today! :D I can haz a happy. :P

Right, even lolcat esque talk, yep that's right my Iron Armour and Phobos bolters came in the post today, so I have spent the better part of the morining and afternoon, scrubbing off sealent, and building my test mini. It was my first time working with resin and I was really pleased with the results. As I said above he will be in the Iron Warriors colour scheme. So without further adue here's the pics....

....Right after a product review. :lol:

So where to start well I have to say thedetail on these minis is fantastic. Forget what you've seen in the pictures and multiply it by three.There are so many little details on the mini that are so easy to miss, like the bolts on the side of the legs holding the extra frontal armour on the legs. The design efficet works perfectly in unision with the Mk II armour as far as I can tell. It really looks like they scultpted the Mk II armour and then worked how the extra plating would work on the model itself in real life. Although you are limted to a few poses considering there are only two different sets of legs, and that the groinal armour removes the ability to twist the torso to far into new positions. The helmet are brilliantly scaled however and are around about the same size as normal marine helemts. However as a word of warning stay away from bare head marine heads, because lets just say there twice the size of the helmets. :P Fortunatley we have the flaggelent and empire wizard kits, trust me they have the best proportioned human heads in the entire GW range. The model really fits together quite well and even sticks firmly with GW plastic glue! The joints are nice and smooth and the kit really seems to be compatiable with the normal marine kits. So In conclusion this is a great kit and a great induction into the marine range. In the words of GW, "Buy Buy New Shiny!"

Overall Score: 7/10

Pics;

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2010/9/1/135507_sm-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2010/9/1/135509_sm-.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2010/9/1/135510_sm-.JPG

I'll try to get some better pics soon, I can't find my photo box at the minute. :lol:

'Tis a shame, when you do recieve them please do a project log for them Robotbeef. As considering the number of people that have said they've bought some, about 1/10000 posts a thread with them in. :P

I certainly will!

Another question, what do you think of the backpacks? I don't really like them, so I might just use normal marine backpacks instead.

I was looking into getting some of these guys when I first saw them for pre order. It would fit for the fluff of my DIY Chapter I am doing and ended up ordering the Mk 6 kits instead. Sad to hear about the legs though.

How do the bayonets work out? Looked like you would have to trim part of the bolter for them.

Also hoping that I get them relatively soon... I have a game coming up that I want to have them ready for and I know APOs already take more time than normal stateside orders :)

@Slyen

I haven't tried the bayonets yet but I'll let you know when I do. Otherwise they have like a littlecut out space (think cut out bolter trigger area) ,well the chainblades do anyways I haven't lookes at the standard bayonetes, where it snuggly fits under the barrel of the bolter, or around there.

@robotbeef

I like you had the same mis grievences on the backpacks as you until I saw them up close, they like the rest of the kit have lots of little details that you just can't see in the pics, I mean the vents have turbines sculpted inside them!

Archived