My blood ravens army squad by squad

Overall these look nicely done especially for a first army.

When using the citadel washes don't just stick to the regular uses for them. If you have some spare figures lying around use them to test techniques and the effects different washes have over different base colours. For example I will use devlun mud over boltgun/chainmail/mithril to give a warmer tint to the metal finish, this can work well when using red as your main colour. Also for tinting melta gun barrels, flamers, etc some of the other washes are usefull depending on the effect you want. Sometimes it's worth thinning the wash with water and using two thin washes to get more control over the wash effect too.

Great blood ravens!

When using washes, I've been told that gryphonne is awesome for the bone and it really works (my sternguard have bone robes, man I loved it) - however, be careful with dark washes, as your marines may quickly turn very dark. It is much harder to use wash + drybrush when you've painted details, so: Paint red. Wash. Drybrush. Paint white, details etc.

Can't wait to see more!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi! I know, very long time without posting here... but that is what I´ve done all this time (well not all the time... :tu: )

gallery_55147_5261_638330.jpg

gallery_55147_5261_363638.jpg

gallery_55147_5261_94505.jpg

gallery_55147_5261_170629.jpg

gallery_55147_5261_645406.jpg

gallery_55147_5261_135622.jpg

The sargeant is the one with the special tecnic of the hair spray, but in the end he turned a bit shiny...

Like allways any feedback would be welcome

Thanks

• 2 months later...

These are looking good. Not sure if its purposeful or not but some of the bleached bone areas (I'm assuming its bleached bone) loos a bit streaky. Doesn't detract too too much from your work but if the streaking is unintentional I've noticed that thinning my paint on the bruch a bit more and then applying a few more layers with the thinned paint will really help.

Other than that they are Blood Ravens I would be happy to see across the table from me. :P

• 1 month later...

Hi! I´ve noticed that many people ask me or give me tips about washes, in fact I do not use washes at all I use a cambination of the two things that you can see in the back of the pic, it workssimilar to some "army painters that you can see over there but just better, and yes, some times there are some stains that are not intentional , specially on my first models (others are intentional like for example the low part of the robe in the captain).

also a pic of a "normal and plain librarian" :tu:

gallery_55147_5261_272230.jpg

Like always any feedback will be wellcome

Archived