Iron Warriors Rhino

gmurie

Nice! The hazard stripes are super solid, and the damage on the metal is subtle but striking.

It's kind of hard to tell what's going on with the top of the tank towards the back, over the tracks (next to the rear exhausts). It looks to be more damage, but it kinda comes off as though you spilled some coffee on it. Don't get me wrong, the color looks fine, but it's a very large pair of spots on a peculiar part of the model, bigger than I can see anywhere else. Might be worth breaking up a bit.

Nice! The hazard stripes are super solid, and the damage on the metal is subtle but striking.

It's kind of hard to tell what's going on with the top of the tank towards the back, over the tracks (next to the rear exhausts). It looks to be more damage, but it kinda comes off as though you spilled some coffee on it. Don't get me wrong, the color looks fine, but it's a very large pair of spots on a peculiar part of the model, bigger than I can see anywhere else. Might be worth breaking up a bit.

It's the first tank I've done in several years. I'd meant for those spots to be mud and abuse from crew tramping across the top of the tank. I'll stipple some more brown and yellow/orange paint across the top when I do the other two or three Rhinos.

By the by, I'd never have gotten as good a job on this as I did without Sheppard Paine's book "How to Build Dioramas". If you want to weather a tank, or do a diorama, that's the bible.

Archived