The sanguinor

lolita23q

hello

hear is my Sanguinor

had one hell of a job on this one , its a really hard mini to paint

then i drop the damn thing on the floor and the wings brok off and a big pice of paint fell of too >.<but hear hi is

painted in true metallics but with NMM technique

enjoy

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c119/Vaincent/sanguinor.jpg

Now that is a bizarre coincedince - I have spent the last few days scouring the interwebs for discussion and articles about using metallics in a NMM method for painting, yep, you guessed it, the sanguinor! Started him the other evening.

Seriously impressed with your model, really nicely done! Do you have a recipe for the gold and the wings? Any general tips would be great actually! :D

My only personal criticism of the model (and its subjective!) is the red halo - not quite right for me, but the sword...and in fact everything else is superb! <_<

EDIT: I dont suppose you happend to read this article on metallic painting techiniques? http://www.coolminiornot.com/article/aid/649

Its about the closest thing I've found to a discussion on using anything like NMM technique (adapted) with metallic paints.

painted in true metallics but with NMM technique
using metallics in a NMM method for painting

i believe what your after would be RMM, or, Real Metal Metal(s) try having a search here at the B&C in the stuff from a few years ago.

this was a while ago now (maybe pre-crash?) but there have been several toots on NMM and at the same time, for those who liked the technique but not the medium came out wit RMM and the splinter extremists also gave us SE-NMM and SE-RMM (Sky Earth NMM/RMM) basically a chrome/mirror finish thats shows horizon etc...

i would help further but every toot i had saved on my home computer was lost when it fried :)

as for the mini itself it looks fantastic but i am in agreeance with Gorlak, the halo is a bit odd on the point of distraction, i recommend trying to get the focus back onto his face. that sword is un-real!!

kudos

DM :)

Archived